Social Calls

The photo above is an edit which I believe was made by @Carrinth on Tumblr.

Coruscant: 19 BBY
Senate Apartments
Riyo Chuchi

    She'd seen very little of Fox in the past few days. He'd been busy scouring the Lower City of Coruscant for Ahsoka Tano. The young Jedi had recently been arrested again and was awaiting her trial.

    Riyo entered Padmé's apartments and found her friend pacing in the main room. Her datapad and a few other documents littered a table nearby. "Padmé?" Riyo called.

    Padmé stopped pacing and looked up. "I'm so glad you're here." She grabbed her hand and pulled her over to the mess of information. "I agreed to present Ahsoka's case to the courts. I need some help getting it put together."

    "When is her trial?"

    "Tomorrow," Padmé sighed. "The Jedi Council has expelled her and Admiral Tarkin wants this taken care of as soon as possible."

    Riyo picked up the datapad and read over what Padmé had compiled into a rough presentation. "You think she's innocent?"

    "Of course. Don't you?"

    "Yes, she wouldn't do something like this." Riyo sat down and read over a few more documents.

    "Unfortunately, I don't think the courts are going to listen to her." Padmé sat down next to her. "They're accusing her of the bombing of the Jedi Temple, now. Admiral Tarkin says that she killed Letta Turmond to keep her secret safe."

    "But that's ridiculous. Fox told me Letta was afraid of a Jedi. If Ahsoka was the one she was afraid of, why would she ask to see her?" Riyo raised an eyebrow.

    "Tarkin's explanation is that Ahsoka used a mind trick on her," Padmé scoffed and rolled her eyes. "She's also accused of being a Separatist sympathizer. When she was on the run, she teamed up with Ventress for a while."

    "Ventress isn't with the Separatists anymore, though," Riyo pointed out.

    "I know, but to everyone else, that fact is irrelevant."

    "Regardless, all of those points need to go into this. You have to convince the courts that Ahsoka is innocent."

    "I'm going to do my best. Is there anything Fox knows that could help?"

    Riyo thought for a moment. "He said that the security camera in Letta's cell didn't have sound. They've never had problems with that before, so he thought someone might've tampered with it."

    Padmé nodded and wrote it down quickly. "Thank you, Riyo. I suppose I should get back to work now. It doesn't seem there's much left for you to help with."

    "Well, let me know if something new comes up." Riyo gave her a reassuring smile, before leaving.

    When she reached her own apartments, Delaney was already waiting for her. "Senator, there's a transmission for you," she said.

    "From who?"

    "I don't know. It's in your office."

    "Thank you, Del." Riyo entered her office and closed the door behind her. She sat down and accepted the transmission quickly. A hologram of Mairin appeared. Riyo gasped excitedly. "Mairin!"

    Mair gave her a smile. "Hello, Riyo. How's life on Coruscant? I figured things would be cooled down enough for me to contact you."

    "I'm glad you did. I've missed you. Coruscant is...busy. The Jedi Temple was bombed not long after you left."