Epilogue

Pantora: 11 BBY
Riyo's Home
Riyo Chuchi

    Riyo peeked over her cards at Corran. He met her gaze and jerked his cards closer to his chest. "No cheating, Mom!" He exclaimed. His amber brown eyes sparkled mischievously.

    She smirked. "I'm not cheating! I didn't see your cards."

    "Yes, you did! I know you did!" Corran retorted. Riyo laughed and sorted through her cards. Playing sabaac had become a new favorite pastime of Corran's. She had to admit that he was a much better player than she had ever been.

    Clay leaned towards him, carefully making sure his own cards remained hidden. "She's got a few pip cards," he whispered, just loud enough for her to hear.

    Corran giggled as she rolled her eyes. "Don't turn my son into a cheater."

    Clay raised his hands. "I would never. I'm simply evening the score."

    She shot him a teasing sneer. "Fine then. Corran, he's got an Endurance card." Corran laughed with glee and Clay painted a hurt expression across his features.

    True to his promise, Clay had diligently looked after her and Corran. As Corran grew older, Riyo noticed his growing attachment to Clay. She didn't discourage it. Corran had grown up knowing who his father was and what he was like. She knew it wasn't the same, though. If he needed Clay to fill that void in his life, she wouldn't begrudge him that.

     As for herself, Riyo still hadn't given Clay a definite answer in regards to their relationship. He never asked her about it, either. She knew he wouldn't unless she wanted to talk about it. At first, Riyo hadn't wanted another relationship. Despite herself, she was growing fonder of Clay. Riyo watched him with a smile as he swiped one of Corran's cards and replaced it with his own.

    Riyo paused, hearing a familiar beeping. She sighed and set her cards down to answer the transmission. As soon as she reached her office, she heard the unmistakable sound of Corran and Clay going through her cards.

    She rolled her eyes and laughed. "It's not like I was going to win anyway." She sat down and switched on the transmitter. A hologram of Bail Organa appeared. "Bail, I haven't heard from you in a while. What can I do for you?"

    Bail's gaze was both excited and nervous. "You told me seven years ago that if a rebellion was needed, to contact you and you may consider giving us your support. A rebellion is needed now. Mon Mothma and I have been working on this for years. We've gathered military officers and ships and have made several strikes against the Empire. Our rebellion will soon become official. I must ask for your support once more."

    Riyo folded her hands together thoughtfully. "I wondered if you'd speak to me about that soon. Very well. I will hear what a member of your rebellion has to say before I make my decision. I want to speak with General Ryn Alera."

    "Ryn Alera?"

    "I've heard rumors about her. She used to be a slave but a rogue stormtrooper helped her escape and they joined the rebellion?"

    Bail nodded. "That stormtrooper was a clone, Jess. He's a commander now."

    "Will Ryn come if you ask her to?"

    "Yes, I believe she will speak with you. How will you get her onto Pantora, though? Chairman Voor is a devout Imperial Loyalist."

    "I'll register her ship as a delegate's ship. Send me the details for it and I'll do what I can. When she comes, tell her to use the name Celestial Light for her ship."

    "I'll send her as soon as I can. Keep your mind open, Riyo. It may not seem like it, but the rebellion will need your support before all of this is over," Bail said.

    "I'll listen to General Alera and give you my reply."

    "Thank you." The hologram froze and winked off.

    The door to her office hissed open a moment later and Clay stepped inside. "Are you going to help them?"

    Riyo rubbed her forehead. "I don't know. I promised Fox that I would restore the Republic and protect the people. After I hear what General Alera has to say, I'll make my decision. I need to know what exactly I'm getting myself into and I want to hear it from someone who has been on the front lines."

    Clay nodded his approval. "Fox wouldn't ask you to do more than that at this point. You told me you were going to be both a senator and a soldier. You're living up to that vow." Riyo smiled as he continued. "Now, come on. We got you new cards."

    "I'm certain you both know what they are," she laughed. Riyo joined him and left her office. Soon, she would make her decision. For now, she would finish her sabaac game.