Traitors Revealed

Cato Neimoidia: 20 BBY
Trade Federation Archives
Commander Fox

Blast it!  Of all times for me to lose awareness! Fox scolded himself inwardly. He crouched down behind a doorway, his blasters at the ready. Guards sprinted towards it. Fox opened fire, stunning them rapidly.

He started running again, farther down the hall. At least Riyo got what she needed. His eyes widened in surprise at himself. He had thought of her as Riyo, not Senator Chuchi. That can't keep happening. She's still a Senator, my superior.

Fox skidded around another corner and bumped into a group of guards. He opened fire and ducked back out of their sights. He stifled a groan as his comm lit up. Fox switched it on as soon as he was able.

"Where are you?" Clay's voice hollered over the comm. "Senator Chuchi just told me you were discovered!"

"We were." Fox poked his head around the corner and took down another guard. "She's on her way to the speeder now. Get to the shuttle as fast as you can. I'll tell you where to meet us when I know."

"Lott Dod and his friends are insisting we stay here. Their excuse is a sudden breach of security."

"I don't care what Lott Dod says. Get Mairin and Jairo out of there before your cover is blown!" Fox switched the comm off before Clay could argue with him. He blasted the last guard and took off running again. I hope she's got that speeder ready!

Cato Neimoidia: 20 BBY
Trade Federation Archives
Riyo Chuchi

    Riyo stumbled over her own feet as she dodged around a corner. A shot narrowly missed her. She kept running, despite the burning in her chest. Footsteps clattered behind her, growing ever closer.

    At last, she reached the platform where they'd parked the speeder. She put on a final burst of speed and leaped through the door. Riyo hit the ground and rolled back onto her knees. She scrambled towards the door's control panel and swiftly jammed the door shut.

    Fists slammed into the back of it. She was already up and jumping into the speeder. Riyo fired up the engines and took off, trying to calm the racing of her heart. She activated her wrist comm again. "Fox, where are you?"

    "I'm..." he broke off for a second. "Down two levels and go to the second landing platform," he replied. "Hurry."

    The comm switched off again. "I'm going as fast as I can," she muttered. Riyo obeyed his orders, though, soaring down to the appointed platform. She had barely touched down when the door hissed open and Fox barreled through it.

    He leaped into the speeder, still firing at the Neimoidians. Riyo took off again and turned them towards Lott Dod's apartment buildings. Fox collapsed against his seat, breathing heavily. He pulled the helmet off and tossed it into the back seat of the speeder.

    "Did Clay contact you? I told him what happened," Riyo said.

    Fox nodded. "I told them to get to the shuttle and meet us somewhere. I guess we'll see if that happens." He braced a hand on the side of the speeder as it suddenly rocked.

    Riyo risked a glance over her shoulder. Neimoidians were behind them in speeders of their own. She let out an exasperated groan and increased their speed. The Neimoidians kept firing. She deftly dodged between the shots.

    Fox twisted in his seat and blasted at the drivers. He hit a few, sending their speeders careening into the city below. "Someone really doesn't want you to get out of here alive," he growled.