His Forever

AIMS Hospital
Udaipur, Rajasthan

It had been six hours since she was in the operation theatre. Her family was here as well. Everybody was so tensed about what was going to happen.

Suddenly the doctor came out.

"Congratulations. It's a boy.", He informed everyone.

"What about Aadya?", Karuna asked him as Ekansh was standing leaning on the operation theatre lost in his thoughts. He didn't speak a single word since they brought her here.

"She lost a lot of blood. We can't really say anything. It is a miracle that the baby is healthy and safe even when he is premature", the Doctor informed them shaking his head.

"She is fine or not", Anav asked directly.

"The coming 12 hours are really dangerous for her. Anything can happen. But one thing is clear even if she survived she won't be able to conceive again", Doctor told them. 

"I want my sister to be fine. You heard me", Anav shouted as Roshni tried to calm him.

"We are trying our best, sir", He said and at that time a nurse came out with the baby boy.

"Who is Ekansh?", She asked as Ekansh looked at her. She was new to this hospital and this city.

"What happened?", He asked.

"Who are you to the patient?", She asked him.

"Her husband", He told her. She smiled before giving the baby to him.

"She gained her conscious in between. She wanted you to hold the baby firstly. And asked you to take care of everyone if something happened to her", She said with a sad smile.

Ekansh looked at his son who snuggled in his warmth. He looked so much like her. She asked him to take care of everyone if something happened to her. How can she say that so easily? He felt anger boiling inside him. If she is thinking to leave him alone with their kids then she is so wrong. She can't break her promise of staying with him till their last breath.

"Can I see her", He asked the doctor. The doctor nodded moving to his cabin. He gave his son to his mother before going inside. For once in life, he was scared. Scared of losing the most precious treasure of his life. 

As soon as he saw her he felt his heart-stopping. She looked so pale so different than her usual self. Her bubbly smiley face coloring his life with beautiful colors. Her chubby cheeks stretched with her big toothy smile. But she looked nothing like her usual cheery self. She was lying in front of him without any movement. He felt like any moment she would move and snuggle in his warmth but nothing like that happened. Her body has many different tubes attached to different machines.

He remembered her last night's conversation.

"Rana Sa why do you have to go? Don't you love me", She asked him pouting her lips twinkling her eyes.

"What kind of question is that Aadya? Work is important as well Angel and I would be back soon", He told her as she snuggled in his chest.

"You are always busy. I am afraid if something happened to me when you are not around. You won't even know your wife is no more", She said as he hit her head lightly.

"Stop talking stupidly", He scolded her as she rubbed her head pouting and glaring at him.

"I am not a kid don't do that again", She told him.

"But tell me how much you love me", She asked him.

"I don't know", He said getting irritated.