Chapter 8: The Yule Ball

"Wow Y/N you look stunning" Katie keep repeating while we made our way downstairs. "You don't look too bad yourself" I told her while laughing about her excitement. She got it and started laughing as well. We got to the stairs where everyone waited at the end for their dates.

"Katie go I'll be right behind you", I told her because I wasn't ready yet. She nodded and gave me a hurry-up look.

I took a deep breath and the I went around the corner and down the stairs

Imagine Hermione's moment here.

Fred's POV

I was standing at the end of the stairs like everyone else waiting for Angelina. She came downstairs and I greeted like a gentleman because I am one. I decided to wait with George for

Katie and I think Angelina was happy about that as well. She seemed a little nervous.

Finally, Katie came down she looked back a few times and George and Angelina rushed to her and I stayed a little behind.

I didn't catch the first thing Katie said but I clearly heard: "She looks so pretty today you won't recognised her" Who does she mea-?

But then I saw Y/N coming down the stairs. She looks so beautiful. Oh ehmm.... I mean she looked good in the dress. Whatever.

Some Durmstrang guy came up to her. Really a Durmstrang?! I couldn't see what Durmstrang it was because he was facing me with his back. Well probably nobody else asked her so she took him. Okay Fred that was mean!

George grab my arm while I was lost in thought. "Come on Freddie we are supposed to go inside to wait for champions to arrive"

Then the champions entered the hall. Wait who is that girl with Victor Krum?

"OMG it is Victor Krum with Y/N!" Katie squealed in excitement and Angelina looked jealous.

Why is she jealous? Because of this Krum guy choosing Y/N. She looked so happy though.

I decided to ask Angelina to dance with me and she agreed.

But the whole time we danced together she looked over to Krum, so I decided to confront her. "Why are looking at Krum the whole time?"

"I mean look at him he is like really handsome and I just don't get why he chose Y/N", Angelina said. IS SHE SERIOUS?

"You know Angelina you could have just told me you like Krum and maybe he chose Y/N because she isn't fangirling. It would have been nice if you would just enjoy the ball with me, but you know what I will look for someone who is actually interested in dancing with me!"

Your POV

It was a beautiful dance. Victor really knew how to dance. Everyone looked at me amazed when I entered the hall especially Weasley for whatever reason.

After other couples joined us, I heard Angelina and Weasley arguing. Then I heard him say my name. Why though? Then he stormed away. I couldn't make out what they were talking about.

Well anyways.

After a while Victor decides to get us drinks. And George came up to me: „Do you know what Fred and Angelina were talking about and why did your name come up?" he asked

"Honestly I don't know I don't really care about him and Angelina sorry." George looked a little disappointed but nodded unterstandly

"Oh, and make sure Katie has fun tonight. She really likes you and was looking forward to the Ball so long... maybe don't tell her I told you that"

"Sure! I really like her too" he said and returned to Katie

Shortly after Victor came back and w2e talked a bit about life and stuff nothing really exciting.

Though he told me about his home back in Bulgaria and wasn't very different from mine except for the magic.

And then it came.

The thing I feared about the whole evening.

THE SLOW DANCE.

It is rumoured that dates usually kiss while dancing to the slow dance.

Don't get me wrong I like Victor I am just not sure if I like him like this. I never really liked anyone to be honest

"Y/N come on dance with me" Victor told me and took my hand.

Oh no what am I supposed to do. You know f*ck it lets just do it. So, I followed him, and I put my arms around his neck, and he did same thing with my hips.

I watched some people started kissing and I started to get uncomfortable

Though I saw some redhead kiss Katie. Aww how cute

"Don't get me wrong Y/N" Victor interrupted my thoughts, though I didn't mind, "I think you are pretty and all of that but I am just not looking for a relationship because of the tournament and my quidditch career"

Yes! OMG! Thank goodness

"I hurt you didn't I. Look I am sorry. I wouldn't mind your company though just as friend you know", he assured me concerned

"Oh, sorry Victor! It is fine actually even great. This is going to sound awkward, but I actually hoped for you to say that" and he returned a smile. I decided to hug him. Don't really know why just felt right

"Thanks Y/N!" he broke away "We should hang out sometimes as friends of course. If you don't mind, I will return to my dorm to get some sleep. Good night Y/N!"

"Good night Victor" I waved after him after he turned around after kissing my hand. This guy is weird hahahaha! I decided to make my way back to my dorm. I met Katie on my way, and we walked together.

She told me everything about George and how he asked her out for new year's.

"He really likes you Katie he told me!" I assured her

"Really?! but Y/N what about you and Victor and why was Fred talking about you?"

"Honestly I don't know. But Victor and I friends now just friends. Which actually makes me really happy anyways I am going to sleep" I told her already reaching the entry of my common room ready to enter.

"So, this is the entry to your common room. You have to show me your dorm sometimes."

"I will someday not today I am really tired. Talk to you tomorrow?"

"Sure! Good night Y/N"

"Good night Katie" and with that she turned around and I entered the common room with a really easy riddle I don't remember

I don't why I like George and Katie together. It just happened while writing. I hope y'all like and please comment xx