Chapter 33: And there it was

I couldn't believe my own eyes. Everything became blurry around me. I heard Katie talking to me, but I wasn't able to listen to her.

I saw the Daily Prophet laying right in front of me.

And there it was.

The picture and article that destroyed my life.

There he was.

The boy I called my boyfriend kissing someone else.

"Fred Weasley seems to get along with his assistant" I read the first sentence.

I could feel a tear rolling down my cheek and I came back to reality. I ran out of the Great Hall and ignored the voices around me

I opened the door to my dorm and slammed it. I went over to my bed and buried my face into my pillows.

How could he do such a thing?

I remembered the moment when he kissed Angelina. Even though we weren't really dating back then it broke my heart. And I felt my heart shatter into thousand little pieces. I should have known after he didn't reply at least after the front cover a week ago.

I was empty inside but still broken.

I heard an owl flying against my window and immediately recognised the bird.

I opened the window and took the letter and turned it around. There it was the sloppy handwriting I remembered. I ripped the letter apart and threw it out of the window.

The bird, who was still sitting next to me, looked up to me

"Sorry Errol! But I don't need an explanation" I told the bird and went over to my bed again and stayed there all weekend.

On Sunday I heard a voice and thought I dreamed for a moment. I took something out of my pocket and saw him.

"OMG KATIE CAN YOU HEAR ME?" the redhead screamed, and I quickly recognise the voice. I didn't dare to look into the mirror because my eyes are probably puffy.

"Wrong connection" I told him and turned the mirror around, so it faced my blanket

"Y/N! Wait Fred looked for it for weeks he really wants to talk to you" he told me

"Is it true?" I asked

"What?" George asked confused

"What they wrote in the Daily Prophet George! Is it true?"

"Yes" he answered "but it' not like you think it is"

"So, they didn't kiss?" I asked confused

"Well! We were all pretty drunk and Emily accidently drank some love potion and kissed Freddie" he explained

"Did he pull back?"

"Who"

"Fred! Did he pull back?" I asked again

"Uh I don't really remember but I don't think so" he answered without realising his mistake.

"You can Fred tell something from me"

"And what exactly?"

"That I hate him" and with that I threw the mirror out of the window and I could hear how it hit the ground shattering into pieces.

I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling when some memories flashed through mind.

"No don't cry come on now! It is not a goodbye forever" he told me the day he left Hogwarts and guess it turned out to be a goodbye forever.

Even being drunk doesn't explain cheating.

I don't care what he has to say because he lost me.

"Y/N you have to get out of the dorm and get something to eat" Cho entered the dorm and woke me up from my thoughts.

"I don't want to! I am going to stay here"

"I didn't ask you! Come on now" she took me and dragged me out of my dorm in direction of the Great Hall

"No Cho let go! I look like a piece of sh*t" I told her hoping that she would leave me alone

"Who cares? You're not going to be here next year! You only have like 1 and half weeks left at Hogwarts" we entered the Great Hall and luckily no one stared at me. I sat down and grabbed some cake.

"No Y/N! You need to eat something healthy" Cho took my plate and replaced with another one filled with "actual" food.

I decided to eat because I wouldn't be able to leave without

I saw Katie from the corner of my eye talking to Cho and then I listened to their conversation

"Thank you Katie! I would have asked him, but we aren't on the best terms right now" Cho told Katie who decided to sit down next to me.

"Hey Y/N come on" she took my hand pulled me up

"No Katie! I am eating" I tried to tell but she didn't care and dragged me outside.

"Where are we going?" I asked her curiously

We entered the Quidditch Pitch and she left me.

I realised that I was still wearing Fred's Jumper.

It was a lovely summer day, so I took off and left it on the floor

Katie came back with 2 brooms in her hands and saw the jumper on the ground

"Yeah take it off" she supported me and handed me one of the brooms

"Is that a- "

"A firebolt? YES!" Katie told me excited

"HOW?"

"Well I asked Harry if we can borrow his and he was okay" she explain and saw how I looked at her broom which wasn't hers "Oh and I stole this one from the Slytherins" she laughed "They don't even lock them away"

I laughed "and what are you planning on doing?" I asked

"You will fly and let out everything! Shouldn't be hard with a firebolt" she laughed

I looked at her confused but took off.

The firebolt really was the fastest broom. I could feel the adrenaline rushing through my blood and for one moment I forget everything.

And then I screamed. I didn't care how loud it was, but I just let everything out. It felt amazing and when I finally landed again Katie landed next to me

"Feeling better?" she asked

"I FEEL AMAZING THANK YOU KATIE" I screamed and ran over to hug my friend.

I realised I used too much force when we both fell, and I landed on her.

I rolled over and started laughing while looking at the sky.