Chapter 19: The toad

The train reached Hogwarts and I got one of the carriages with Cho. The feast took place and the school year started. There was this new teacher from the Ministry. She already annoyed me.

Turns out she is hell. I haven't talk to any of the Weasley since the start of the year. I wanted to talk to them but it seemed impossible to find them and it seemed like they didn't look for me.

Next lesson was DADA with that Umbridge lady. The class turned out to be super boring and I decided to take out my notebook to write to Victor, but I guessed this lady sees everything.

"Miss Y/L/N is my lesson boring!? I always thought Ravenclaws were good students! And as a muggleborn you should be happy to be here! DETENTION!" the toad told me.

Did she make fun of my blood status? I put my notebook and decided to follow the lesson.

I made my way to her office after dinner.

"Oh, Miss Y/L/N you made it how great! You will find a quill on the table. I want to you to write down: I should listen in lessons especially as a muggleborn. Write it down until you took the message in" the toad explained.

I sat down without saying anything and started writing. I felt some pain in my hand but still continued. After a few seconds I saw letters written into my skin. This really hurts! This little bitch! I continued until the message was carved into my hand and then left after the toad said something.

It wasn't the nicest feeling and I walk through the castle until I sat onto the ground and started crying.

"Oi Y/N I looked everywhere for you" I looked into Fred's eyes "Are you alright? Why are you crying?" I didn't answer to ashamed still holding my hand. Fred took it out of my grip.

"Did the toad did this to you?" he asks calmly.

I just nodded. "Oh, I am sorry Y/N" and then he pulled me into a hug. The familiar scent calmed me down and I was too hurt to be angry.

"And now you stop crying alright? The toad doesn't deserve your tears" he wiped away a few of the tears "Come on I want to show you something!" he took my hand and dragged me outside. The cold air dried my tears a bit. Fred didn't stop running until we reached the Great Lake.

"I thought this would cheer you up a little! Do you know what happened the last time we were here together?" he asked

"I do! I still have your jumper by the way! Do you want it back?" I said still not able to realise the situation.

"No keep it! The red suits you" and then it was silent. I started to think about life and tears were rolling down my cheeks again.

"No don't cry Y/N! Maybe it helps if you try to tell me" he proposed

"It is just that this Umbridge toad referred to my blood status and with my parents and all it just really hurts" I explained. I still don't know why I was so nice to him but he was there for me in this moment.

"What about your parents? They are muggles so?"

"Oh, right I only told Ginny! So, you remember the night you found on the sidewalk?" he nodded "My relationship between my parents was difficult after I got my letter! They didn't believe in magic and thought I was just nothing doing over the school year. They took me every summer, but I only stayed in my room. So, this year they decided to move, and I lost my home" I explained.

"Well not really! Hogwarts is your home" he joked

"If I think about it you are right!"

"I know I am right" he joked but then my notebook swung open and fell out of my bag. Fred took it and wanted to read it.

"Give back!" I yelled

"Is this your diary" he laughed

"No! Technically it is my best friend" I said

"A notebook being your friend?! So, what does your friend tells you" and with he read the probably new message from Victor

It was nice seeing you but I really miss you. You remember when you showed me this village Hogsmeade? Just tell me when your trip is so I can visit you! Tell me everything about what happened so far.

X Victor

Fred read out the whole paragraph "Is this some kind of joke?" he asks me

"No! It is a two-sided notebook! Victor has the exact same and we talk over it instead of letters" I explained realising what was going on.

"That is bloody brilliant!" he screamed and hugged me "Uhm sorry" he said awkwardly. and I swear I heard some jealously but maybe that was just me.

 "Uh it is getting a little cold" I said to change the subject and maybe to leave this moment which turned out to be mistake.

"You can have my cloak" Fred offered and wrapped his cloak around me. I had a weird feeling in my stomach but I couldn't figure out why. We stayed out until midnight just looking at the stars.

"I should get back to my dorm" I spoke up breaking the silent which laid over us for quite some time.

"Right!" and with that we made our way back to the castle

"No not that way!" Fred grabbed my arm leading me through a hidden hall

"How do you know about those secret passages?"

"I will show you another time" and then he turned around the corner to get to his common room.

Technically I already posted this chapter but I deleted it and change a little if any of you are wondering. I still hope y'all enjoyed t and enjoy the rest of your day xxx