Chapter 20: Control yourself

I woke up the next morning still confused. To be sure I didn't dream all of this I got up and looked through my clothes and I found it. The Gryffindor cloak. What if he thinks that everything is normal between us? He was really nice last night though. Argh I am so confused about this whole thing. I put on my uniforms and made my way down to the great hall.

I sat down at the Ravenclaw table and shoved some toast on my plate.

I looked over to the Gryffindor table catching Fred's eyes.

"Oh, she looks pretty today"

What was that? Did I make that up?

"I hope she will forgive me"

There it was again! Is something wrong with me?

I stood up and ran to the library. I could go to the Hospital Wing as well, but they will think I am stupid or something. I took some books and started reading. Luckily, I have a free period.

I opened one book after another trying to find out something. I nearly gave up thinking I was just weird until I saw a certain paragraph.

Legilimency is the act of magically navigating through the many layers of a person's mind and correctly interpreting one's findings. A person who practises this art is known as a Legilimens. Muggles might call this "mind-reading," but practitioners disdain the term as naïve.

This could be something. But I would have realised earlier right? I learnt about Queenie Goldstein in my 4th year. She is related to Newt Scamander and was able to do this if I remember right. I decided to keep it to myself because I still wasn't sure. My next class was Potions, and I made my way down to the dungeons.

Some students were already waiting in front of the class and I spotted Fred again looking into his eyes.

"I hope she will forgive me for everything"

There was it again! I mean it isn't nice looking into other people's minds, but I have to try again. I saw Katie and George coming downstairs. I tried to look into Katie's eyes and to concentrate.

"He looks so cute and adorable today! My Georgie"

I guess it worked though it was awkward I shouldn't do this. I tried too avoiding eye contact for the rest of the waiting time.

We all formed a half circle about Snape's desk.

"You will work with your partners from last year! Same seating plan" Snape announced "For revision you will be making a simple healing potion"

I sat down at my table and started. I caught Fred's eyes again

"Her hand looks horrible how can someone to that"

"I don't know" I answered without thinking. Really why am I a Ravenclaw?

"Sorry what?" Fred asked

"Uhm ...nothing" I stuttered

Class was dismissed and I made my way to lunch when someone grabbed my arm tightly pushing me away from the crowd.

"What were you talking about in class" Fred confronted

"None of your business" I snapped

"Why so mean? I just asked a question! Relax for a moment"

"I am relaxed" I answered

"I didn't say anything" Fred told me. Sh*t it happened again

"Can you read my mind? You are mad! I like it"

"I am not ma- "but then I realised what just happened. I need some fresh air. I ran outside. I didn't stop until I reached the Great Lake. I was completely out of breath. I need to control this. It could really hurt me.

"You need to eat something! I brought some cake from the kitchen!" I turned around to see Fred sitting down next to me handing me some cake.

"Don't think that this changes anything" I assured him while eating some of the cake

"I am sorry!" Fred said out of nowhere after a few minutes

"What was that?" and we locked eyes again.

"Do you want me to scream it or what?"

"Why not?" I decided to say laughing

"I don't know how you do it but stop reading my mind!" he joked

He then took his hand and lifted my chin to make me look at him. Luckily, he can't read my mind because this was kind of hot.

"I mean it! I am sorry Y/N for everything! For hurting you last year, for not taking you to Diagon Alley, for kissing you in front of Angelina"

Fred's POV

I looked into her eyes trying to figure out what she was thinking. I wish I could read minds!

"I don't know Fred you really hurt me" she told me. Am I such a bad person? I didn't mean to hurt her.

"I don't think you are bad person Fred! You just have to control yourself sometimes" she looked down at the grass. She really has to stop reading my mind! But it is so special! I think it is cute though! I want her to know how I feel but I don't want her to hurt me!

I grabbed her face pressing my lips onto hers. Adrenaline rushed through me.

The next I had a hand in my face. Did she just slap me?

"What was that for?"

"For everything and I just told you to control yourself" she told me "And this is for comforting me!" she said while pressing her lips onto mine. I kissed her back. It was such an amazing feeling. I never felt anything like this before. She grabbed my neck making her fall. I pulled away

"Be careful there or you will be hurt by my amount of handsomeness" I joked

"Nah! I definitely chose the uglier twin!"

"What did you just say?" I asked her. She stood up running away "I am going to get you Y/N" I screamed while chasing after her. I made up to her fast throwing her over my shoulders.

"FREDERICK GIDEON WEASLEY LET ME DOWN!" she screamed

"Only if you will go on a date with me or I will throw you in the lake"

"Fine just let me down" I lifted her off my shoulders on the ground

"Meet at the library at 10 tomorrow" I whispered into her ear.

This chapter gave me some butterflies wow. I hope y'all like it as much as I do. I thought  I would made Y/N  a little more interesting. I will talk about her abilities again xxxx