Chapter 32: Do you know why everyone is staring?

"Hey darling can you hear and see me" I heard Fred's voice and I took out my mirror immediately

"WEASELBEE! OMG I already miss you and I waited for this for over a week now" I answered him "What took you so long?"

"Well I had to explain myself to mum first and I think she is still mad at us. But then we had to contact the person selling the store and here we are!" he spined around

"Is that your shop?" I asked excited

"It is" he started to show me around the shop and we talked deep into the night.

We continued to talk at least once a week on Sunday. Since they had a lot to do Fred usually didn't find more time.

But suddenly we stopped talking!

I decided to write a letter to him since he probably lost the mirror in all the chaos but still no answer.

I sat at the lake staring at the water again when an owl came my way and dropped the Daily Prophet. I lifted the newspaper and a piece of parchment fell out of it. I immediately recognised the handwriting

Sorry for not answering but I am caught up in lots of work.

WE OPENED OUR SHOP AND MADE THE FRONT PAGE!

-Fred

That was it? I looked at the newspaper and saw the twins standing proudly in front of the shop.

They also introduce their new assistant Emily Smith...

I looked at the picture of her and the twins together and I realised how Fred had his arm swung of her shoulder. I could feel some jealously building but it was probably just for the picture.

"Hey Katie! Do you know?" I ran back to the castle to find Katie looking everywhere for her

"I do! George wrote me a long letter about everything! He even wrote about their new assistant Emily and how he still has problems getting along with her, but Fred is really happy with her" she explained.

GrEaT!

"Did Fred send you anything as well?" she decided to ask. I handed her the little note without saying anything "Is that all?" she asked confused and I just nodded "He is probably worked up Y/N! George just told me on yesterday how much they have to do! You can ask Fred tonight! You usually talk at Sunday, right?"

"He didn't answer the last times" I got more disappointed by the second realising that Katie still talked to George.

"No don't be sad! He probably lost the mirror! You should write him a letter!" she pointed out but was able to read my expression "Just keep trying! We both know how forgetful Fred is sometimes!"

She brightened up my mood a little, but I remembered that I haven't talked to Viktor in a while and I decided him.

After one week and several letters and failed attempts to contact him I still had no response at all. I just stared at the water remembering some of the memories Fred and I made here. I was wearing his Quidditch jumper but over the time it lost his smell.

I eventually made my way to breakfast. I am usually not a morning person but last night I couldn't sleep so decided to get some air.

When entered the castle I noticed students staring at me. I quickly went to the bathroom to check if I had something in my face, but my reflection looked completely normal. Well except for the jumper with was too big for me but that probably wasn't why people stared at me.

"I am sorry Y/L/N! We never talked but it must be hard" some Gryffindor sixth year told me exiting the bathroom

"Thanks" was the only thing I answered still not sure what she was talking to me

On my way to the Great Hall people kept staring at me. I saw Cho and walked over to her

"Do you know why everyone is staring at me? " I decided to ask her

"No idea! I just woke up! But it's probably nothing!" she assured me but as soon as we entered the Great Hall all eyes were on me.

"Do you guys know what is going on?" I walked over to the Gryffindor table

"Look Y/N I am sorry!" Katie told me

"What are you talking about?"

But my eyes widened