Chapter 17

Third Person

Owen seemed off to everyone today. He wasn't his usual enthusiastic self. He was a lot more quiter and looked tired. Mason could tell something was bugging him and not just by the big bags under his eyes that looked like shopping bags.

It wasn't like he even tried to hide it. Even Cameron could tell there was something wrong with Owen. Ever since that phone call.

Right now Owen and Cameron were walking into her daycare. She wore a pair of pink tracksuit bottoms and a matching jumper. Her hair was in two little pigtails swinging side to side as she skipped along with Owen. Holding his hand and in the other he held her minnie mouse bag. He was wearing his police uniform since he had to go straight to work.

When they got inside Owen kneeled down to his little sisters height to say goodbye like every other day.

When he was at the height of Cameron. She swung her two little arms around his neck pulling him close to her. But she then kissed his cheek and took in a breath of his cologne.

"Have a good day O and also try get rid of those dark marks." She whispered into his ear.

Making Owen have a small smile on his lips. He just loved his sisters innocence. For her he would try sleep but his mind had too much on it to sleep.

"You too you my little munchkin. I'll see you after work. I love you so much." He whispered into her ear hugging her tightly then kissing the top of her head as he stood back up.

"I love you too." She beamed looking up at her brother then skipping off into classroom.

Owen smiled watching her as she skipped disappearing through the door.

"Hey Owen."

He turned to see Julia in a dark green summers dress in this weather. But she still looked stunning to him.

"Hey Juila. How are you?" He asked putting all of his attention onto Julia.

"I'm good and you?" She asked walking towards him. She was doing the exact same thing as he was taking him all in.

"Ye. Sorry but I gotta head to work or I'll be late. I'll talk to later." Owen said to Julia.

"No problem. Bye" she waved at him.

At that Owen left heading straight to work.

Cameron sat at her table with her friends. Today her table had board games. Right now they were playing snakes and ladders. Dylan was in the lead much to their dismay but mostly Evan.

"Evan you can't go up a snake you can only go down!" Ava whined since Evans piece landed on the tail of the snake and he tried to go up it to catch up to his brother.

"Evan thats cheating!" Cameron added as she grabbed his hand as he tried to move the piece. Dylan thought it was hilarious.

They played a few more round everyone winning except Evan who just kept trying to cheat every chance he got.

Soon it was yard time but since the yard is covered in snow and its too cold to go out. They have an indoor play area where you can run around in.