Chapter 31

Third Person

Friday night finally came around. Owen and Julia had been texting back and forth all week. Owen had planned it for Friday night which they were both free.

Owen had everything planned. He just hoped Julia would like it and not be bored.

The day had dragged for him which made his nerves worse. This was his way to make up to Julia for doing a hump and dump.

It was just after dinner and Owen was in the kitchen talking to Mason about the date he had planned.

"I just hope she will like it." Owen said.

"I'm sure she will. I mean it sounds perfect to me. What time are you picking her up?" Mason asked not aware of the little five year old who stood behind the wall listening.

"I'll be leaving in a half an hour or so." Owen checked his watch.

When Cameron hear Owen would be leaving and going out to another girl she ran and clung onto his leg like a monkey. Owen looked down at Cameron who wrapped herself as tightly as she could around his leg.

"Cam what's wrong?" Owen asked.

"You can't leave me." She hugged his leg tighter if it was even possible. Maybe Cameron didn't like the fact of Owen finding a princess.

"I'm not leavin__"

"You can't go! Nope! I'm your only princess!" She shook her head. Burying it more into his leg.

Owen looked to Mason who sat on one of the barstools from where he stood.

"Cam were going to watch some movies." Mason tried to bribe the little child but she didn't want to move.

"Do you not want to spend time with me?" Mason tried again putting on a small pout when she looked at him.

"I want Owen to join." Cameron said.

"Cam no one could ever replace you and I probably won't be out the whole night..." She looked up at him trying to see if he was lying or not. Even if she didn't know how to tell if someone was lying.

"How about you spend sometime with Mason and then when I come back I'll give you a big kiss when I get home." Owen tried to make a deal with the child.

Cameron took a moment trying to figure out if it was a good deal or not. "Do I get to have some sweetie?" Cameron batted her eyelashes innocently.

Mason nodded his head to Owen who was looking at him on what to do. "Sure but only a little bit."

"Okay that seems fine to me." Cameron liked that deal she stood up and held out her hand like in the movies. Owen looked at her little hand. He smiled taking her little hand in his giving it a shake and saying ' 'deal'.

Cameron then made her way over to Mason making grabby hands so she could sit on his lap. He lifted her up cuddling into her.

Owen went upstairs and got changed into a pair of Jean's and a jumper. He made sure he had everything he needed in the car. He checked his watch, it was now time he needed to go pick up Julia.