Chapter 18

Third Person

Right now Owen and Mason were heading to meet up with their mothers lawyer who flew over to give them something she wanted them to have...

A letter..

They had already dropped Cameron off at the daycare and Noah was in school. The plan was that they would both go into college and work late since this was important.

This lawyer also had an office here in Michigan so that's where they were meeting up.

They pulled up to red brick building it had a sign that read 'Quay Lawyers'.
Stepping out of the car the cold air hit them. The snow crunching under their feet. Deep down Owen was nervous maybe even stressed who knew what this lawyer could say to them.

Owen wanted to go himself but Mason insisted that he shouldn't do this alone. Good thing he did bring Mason because now walking into the building he wouldn't be able to do this himself.

They walked up to the reception desk. There sat a man around his early twenties maybe.

"Hello! Welcome to Quay Lawyers how may I help you?" He looked up from his computer screen.

Owen cleared his throat before speaking. "Were here to speak to Casey Thorn. She had rang me the other day to come in."

The receptionist looked back at his screen doing whatever receptionist do and then looked back up to Owen and Mason.

"Ahh yes she will be with you in a few minutes. I'll let her know that you are here. You can take a sit over there behind you." He smiled then pushing buttons on his phone to ring up the lawyer.

Owen and Mason walked over to the seating area on the small two seater couch. Owens leg bounced up and down as his eyes scanned the room. Mason on the other hand tried to take his mind off of everything by going on his phone.

After about ten minute wait the receptionist told them to go to the third door on their right. Where Casey would be waiting for them.

Owen knocked on the door first and when he heard a faint 'come in' they both entered.

Casey Thorn was a woman in her fifties. She wore pantsuit with her brown and streaks of grey hair in a tight bun. When the two boys entred they both felt a bit under dressed since Owen was in his work gear and Mason was in jeans and a jumper.

Casey stood up from her desk making her way to the boys.

"Come. Come. I'm Casey the one who was speaking to Owen on the phone." She looked between the two boys holding out her hand.

Owen placed his hand in hers shaking it firmly.

"I'm Owen its nice to meet you and this is my younger brother Mason." His hand left hers then gesturing to Mason who also shook her hand.

"Please sit and we will get to business since I'm sure you have your own work to do." She smiled

Owen and Mason took the two seats infront of her desk while Casey took hers at her desk.

"So I have called you in to give you a letter your mother gave me if she ever died. I honestly send my condolences to both you and your family she was a dear friend of mine." Casey then started to shuffle through her press before pulling out a small brown envelope.