Chapter 77

Noelle's POV

Class so far has been good so far we only go over the syllabus and class expectations. What I dislike is that we all have the same class so I'm stuck with these boys for the rest of the year.

We have gym now and I'm glad that I won't be stuck with my classmates. We were all assigned spots on the ground so once I changed I sat in my floor spot.

"Hi I'm Lori" the girl in front of me turn around

"Hey Im Noelle nice to finally meet a friendly person"

"Yeah I bet it's hard being with all those boys. You're more than welcome to sit with us girls at lunch"

"That would be awesome! These guys hate me"

"It's cause you're smart and pretty! They don't like the mix" the girl to our right

"I'm Kelsey by the way"

"Noelle"

"Oh every girl in our grade knows your name especially your last name. Your family is loaded and on top of that you did the unthinkable. Beware of the math teacher he's old and sexist"

"Love that" I joked

"Okay everyone quiet down. I am your gym teacher Mr. Blaese I will not tolerate complaining or laziness. You either do everything to the best of your abilities or you fail. I'm not gonna pass you for doing bare minimum. If I see you are giving it your all even if it's terrible you'll pass. Give me effort, respect me, come on time, and get dressed in your gym uniforms and you'll pass"

I raised my hand

"Yes"

"Can we call you Mr. B I really don't wanna butcher your name"

"That's fine. Now anymore questions? Good so this class has a mix of 6, 7, and 8th graders. Our first unit will be the pacer test"

Everyone in the room let out groans

"No whining" he hushed us

"Now your partner for this will be your peer tutor. For all the 6th graders I'll tell you who your peer tutor is"

He went down listing off names. When you heard your name you'd stand then find a spot on the room to start doing push ups and sit ups

"Noelle Lombardi and Stephen Valenzuela"

I stood up and made eye contact with Zach's step brother

We sat near the bleachers in silence

"Let's just get this over with" I sighed

"Whatever you can go first" he said

"Okay I'll start off with push ups"

"He said girls can do the girl push ups if that's too hard for you" he said condescendingly

"It's so sweet of Mr. B to make accommodations for you" I said in an Aw tone

"Fuck you"

"You know they say people who curse a lot, curse because they aren't smart enough to come up with actual insults" I said in a matter of fact tone

"You're so annoying I don't know why this school put me with an annoying 6th grader"

"Because we have the same math! Look I need you to pass English and you need me to pass math let's just play nice"

"I don't need you, plus you can't help me. You'll ask the guidance counselor for a new peer by the end of the month"

"Sorry but that won't be the case I'm very committed to this role"