Chapter 96

Wyatt's POV:

Today's game is against Noelle's school which surprised me. They sucked last year but they got their shit together and now they're gunning to be our rivals.

We're in the locker room changing into our jerseys. We're playing at their home field so we're in the girls locker room. There was so much hair in the showers.

Yes! We shower before and after games. It's refreshing and we don't wanna reek

"Okay guys gather around"

Ugh it's the assistant coach

"Where's the real coach" Emmet asked

"He's sick so I'm taking over today"

"Or, Rodney and Wyatt takes over since they're captain and have a game plan in place"

"No I'm the coach now. Today we're playing a 4-4-2 diamond"

"No we're going to get slaughtered. This isn't the team to use that formation with. There are recruiters here it's not going to help our seniors if they fucking suck"

"Watch your mouth or play the bench" he threatened

"Im just saying playing the diamond against a sweeping formation is going to cost us this game. That's too risky to try at finals. I say we play a 4-3-3 which is the best way to defend against their formation"

"I'm in charge so we're going with my formation"

"He's only doing that because his son plays for the other team" One of our seniors said

"You're sabotaging our game so your shitty kid looks better. Yeah screw that! Listen up we're playing a 4-3-3 with a goalie. You all know where to go and what to do. Specifically for this team we're going to pressure the right and left center back so they Fuck up. Then from there we need crisp passes behind the last defend to score. Remember, watch the offsides and communicate. Rodney will be our eyes on the field so listen to him as well as me. If we play this smart we can control the ball this game. Sounds good"

"Hell yeah let's take this W" Emmet yelled and we all cheered

"Emmet will play center mid this game which pushes Henry up to center forward. I'll play left since Emmet isn't playing there.

Mack will play Right forward as usual. Justin and Kaleb will join Emmet is center field since you guys can transition well together. Austin and Bernie will play full back. You two can decide who goes on what side.

Danny and Logan are playing center back. Rodney is goalie as always. In the event you feel tired swap rows with someone when the ball is out of play or ask for a sub"

"Sounds like a plan. Hands in the middle" Rodney said

"Let's play a clean game. Always communicate don't lose your cool and play like your life depends on it. 1... 2... 3... VIKINGS"

"VIKINGS" we yelled and put our cleats on

I finally took off my sweater

"Holy shit nice tattoo Wyatt" Logan yelled

"Damn that's clean" now the whole team was gathered around my arm

"Let's get outside do our stretches and warm up then after drills we can talk about Wyatt's fire ass tattoo" Rodney yelled

Once we got in the field we started stretching and warming up. Then we did drills until the ref called the captains to the center.

"Since you're the visitor you get to call the coin toss"