Chapter 89

Oscar's POV:

It's been a week since the incident. Wyatt is still shaken up from and hasn't driven since. He gets really bad anxiety in the car so he's been going to therapy to cope with the fear.

It's Friday night and Hector is gonna arrive tonight and I'm honestly excited. He was my first friend when I got there and he makes me relaxed.

"Daddy, I have a genealogy assignment to do. I need to know about your family so I can make a family tree. I already have dad's so I just need yours. Can you help"

"No I can't. You have enough names from Vince's side so why not stop while you're ahead"

"I just wanna know what grandma and grandpa are like. You never talk about them. Do you have siblings? What was" I cut her off

"Noelle I'm serious drop it and never ask again. Tell your teacher I wouldn't give you the information. She's more than welcome to call"

"Okay sorry I asked" she frowned and left

She ran off to her room and I stayed alone in the kitchen. I know it was an innocent question but it ticked me off and I found it hard to contain my anger.

I start washing dishes and preparing the kitchen for Vince to cook when he comes home. I've always preferred his cooking over my own

"Daddy you should apologize to Noelle" Wyatt tells me

"And why is that"

"She's upstairs crying because you screamed at her. You don't yell so now she thinks you hate her" he explained

"I didn't scream at her. I only slightly raised my voice at her" I told him

"Why are you being so difficult just apologize you kinda were being a dickhead"

"Who the fuck do you think you're talking to" I growled

"No one, I'm sorry" he bowed his head in shame

"I'm tired of the disrespect you're grounded"

"I said one curse"

"You shouldn't be cursing at me to begin with. If Vince said that to his dad or I said that when I was your age. We both would've been in a lot if trouble. You're taking advantage of our tolerance and I don't appreciate that"

"Well your abusive ass parents aren't really the standard"

"Excuse me" I scoffed

"I don't have to be grateful that you don't tie me up and beat me with a belt because a good parent shouldn't do that. What do you want a fucking medal for being a decent human being. I can't believe you'd bring them back up after what they did to me. Maybe you moved on but I still remember. If you think you're a saint because you don't abuse me you aren't any better than them"

"I'm nothing like them Wyatt and don't make assumptions about me"

"You have your daughter crying upstairs and you don't care. That isn't good parenting to me. Plus after I experienced your lovely relatives it took lots of therapy to get over the nightmares. You just kept going like nothing happened"

"I don't talk about my feelings, big deal that doesn't make me a shitty father"

"Whatever you say" he rolled his eyes and walked away

He stormed out the house which I didn't really mind

I went downstairs to the gym to clear my mind. I took off my shirt and started punching the punching bag

I feel angry and sad

After ten minutes the chain broke so I went to the next one.

In an hour I ended up breaking everything punching bag. I wasn't mad or sad anymore now I felt hurt and lonely