prologue; harry potter & adelaide stone.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞 ── 𝐡𝐩
⌠𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐣𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫⌡
𝐛𝐲 𝐱𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐱

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Adelaide Callista Stone was created for something prestigious. Her soul could be found racing the stars above, challenging the waters below, and persuading the gardens at level.

Each opinion she shared flowed like honey from her lips, sweet yet dangerous. No one could predict the startling truth she presented on a silver platter in their hands. On a first glance, everything seemed in the ordinary, nothing out of line and neatly placed. One would have to examine the prospects deeper, in order to find the secrets she'd strategically weaved into her words.

Many who first met Adelaide wouldn't be gifted with the knowledge of her traits. They might assume to realize the person they choose to see.

There was only one other soul who truly undid the covers she tied to her persona. This certain heart figured out the spiritual maze to access who she was.

Harry James Potter.

He understood her like the sun understood the moon. Both rising and setting during their assigned times and conquering what they perceived best. The two souls could find their solace within each other, everything familiar and unique at once.

Whenever Adelaide felt dark like a lily's petals at night, he became bright like a cloudless sky to provide his warmth and rays of reassurance. His better mood was treasured and distributed amongst the pair, catering every possible ounce he could muster.

It often was the other way around as well; she could attract all the constellations in the atmosphere to form a soothing message for him to trace. Her presence alone could be enough to frighten the terrors that haunted him so painfully, listening to his troubles and allowing to be his succor.

That was how they worked. Adelaide and Harry were a balance, keeping the scale even by comforting one another and getting revenge for their sins. The smiles she casted towards him were casted back, the tears she shed on his shoulder were shed on hers, the laughs that escaped from her lips escaped from his own.

Their souls found a match; illuminating colors and their shades to indicate a success. In a matter of time, she and he will realize this for themselves. A lifetime should be experienced together with sorrow, contentment, and infatuation.

Adelaide and Harry will discover, learn, realize, fail, experience, and live.

They had begun their chase of desire.

Adelaide was born to Nial and Callista Stone on January 14, 1980. She was a middle class, half-blood family, living a joyful childhood in a lovely home.

The three lived in the city of London, located in a Muggle suburb where her parents felt they belonged the most.

They had attended Hogwarts from 1971 to 1978, alongside the famous Lily and James Potter, though they weren't anything more than acquaintances. The pair were young when they had their daughter, barely in their early twenties, but parenting was almost never an issue.

Nial worked in the Department of Magical Transportation, earning decent wages that was enough to support his family. His job wasn't something he'd enjoyed thoroughly, but it was able to provide a meal on the table each week.

Callista owned her own small business of creating and selling potions in Diagon Alley, though she worked from home a majority of the time to look after Adelaide.

Her parents were commonly overprotective, ever since Lord Voldemort had attacked the Potter's home in Godric's Hollow, terrified that a child the same age of their daughter had suffered a near fatal attack.

Their fear didn't stop Adelaide from attending Hogwarts in 1991, and she befriended the very same person who Nial had been hoping for her to avoid.

Harry Potter always rubbed him the wrong way, and he suddenly felt as if he needed to shield his child from him. Perhaps it was the dangerous aura that lurked wherever he went.

Callista, however, could see the knowing smiles that Harry and Adelaide shared, sensing something between the two they most likely wouldn't understand at the time. Their friendship had formed on the Hogwarts Express, from what her daughter had said when she'd come home for the winter holidays that year, and Callista could see the vivid brightness that filled her irises at the mention of him. Of course she wouldn't dare to ruin what they had.

If only she knew how much they would love and lose during their chase of desire.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞

Welcome!! Thank you for clicking on this book! I hope you enjoy it (:

If you're a rereader of this book, you may notice some changes as I've rewritten this a few times before. Please note that the book actually starts to get good around the HBP era so power through the GOF and OOTP chapters ((:

I do not own the Harry Potter franchise. All rights go to J.K Rowling (I don't support her transphobic beliefs). I only own my oc's and original plot. I also do not own any quotes/gifs unless stated otherwise.

There will be mature content in the later chapters. There will also be trigger warnings in some of the chapters. Do not hesitate to let me know if a trigger warning is missing and I'll put it in as soon as I can.

Although the first fifty chapters or so will be mainly lighthearted, this story will become dark later. Please read with caution!

Remember to vote and comment on the story and I hope you'll enjoy! (:

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·