Out

LANI POV

6 months, Colby had been trying for months. Several stolen kisses, nights talking, we worked out a lot together, got coffee. I actually found myself liking him. Would I tell him that? Absolutely not hell I wouldn't even tell my brothers and I legit told Jon, Josh and Joe everything. I thought Colby got caught leaving my room earlier but he hadn't. We accidentally feel asleep watching Game of Thrones last night. I wasn't going to lie waking up in his arms was pretty comfortable but I couldn't get attached to him. I couldn't fall for him.

We were in Ireland right now, part of the European tour. I was surprised I got a actual match. The past few months they were actually letting me have matches instead of just being a pretty face for my brothers. People could see I was talented, I hoped, they were at least reacting good so that was nice. I was in the back watching Colby's match on the monitor. He had a match with Kane and so far it was pretty good. He really was a great athlete and had kinda worked with me on a few things. After my match earlier he saw me and nodded sending a wink. We didn't really interact at work much but I knew he was telling me I did good. I cringed as he tried to powerbomb Kane and landed awkwardly on his knee.

I knew that it was not supposed to happen and could tell he had really gotten hurt from it

I knew that it was not supposed to happen and could tell he had really gotten hurt from it. He stood back up and finished the move. After the match I watched him get helped to the back and knew something wasn't right. I went back to the hotel knowing Colby had went to the hospital. A few hours later there was a knock on my door and I sighed with relief hugging him.

"Are you ok?"

"I hope so, waiting to hear back from doc."

"Does it hurt?"

"A little bit." I made him lay in bed with me and laid my head on his shoulder I had been watching a movie so I hit play again. We were almost at the end when his phone rang and it was doc. I paused as he answered it but as he spoke and listened I could tell whatever he was being told wasn't the news he wanted.

"Ok so what happens next?" He sighed rubbing his face. "Ok, what? tomorrow? No that's fine. Ok thank you doc." Colby sighed hanging up as he leaned his head back on the headboard a heavy sigh coming from him.

"What's wrong?"

"I have to leave and go to Birmingham tomorrow."

"What's wrong?"

"I tore my ACL, MCL and meniscus."

"Oh wow." I hugged him and he wrapped his arms around me burying his head in my shoulder. "I'm sorry Colb." We sat that way for a long while until he relaxed and leaned back.

"Finally get the title and get hurt."

"You'll get it back. I'll even come visit you."

"You don't have to, and what about your brothers, you travel with them."

"I'll work it out, just keep me updated. Do you wanna stay?"

"Yeah at least until this is over."