Ride

No worries beautiful, I know family comes first

Hey I have a test tomorrow to test my knee, I figure I'll be hurting after, think you can give me a ride back? I looked opening his message

Yeah I'll give you a ride, I need to do some work at the PC anyway

Thank you I chuckled at his quick response.

No prob, I'm going to bed now.

Ok, my appointment is at 10

K

I put the phone down going to sleep. I woke up the next morning getting dressed and getting breakfast for the kids.

"Lina can you drop them off at school."

"Yeah that's fine, where are you going?"

"PC."

"Want me to join?" I turned looking at Joe as he walked in

"Colby asked for a ride to his appointment so I'm helping with that before I go to PC."

"Why'd he ask you, you guys don't even hardly get along."

"Joe." Lina scolded

"What it's true they argue constantly, tops they last 20 minutes without someone making a smartass remark to the other."

"Um jerk and he did ask but no one was available. So I was last resort."

"He never asked me."

"Probably because he knows you are with Lina and Jo and need to focus on them and he somehow keeps forgetting I'm a mom because I guess he don't think I can get dick."

"Ok no one wants to hear that thank you." He said walking out. Lina and I chuckled before I kissed the kids and headed the drive from Tampa to Orlando. I got to the hotel Colby was at and saw him waiting for me. He got in my car putting his belt on before looking at me.

"Hi."

"Hi, how's the knee."

"It's ok, hoping I can pass this test." I nodded as he gave me directions on where to go. We got there and as we walked in I stopped, there were WWE cameras.

"Colb."

"It'll be ok." I watched off to the side as he got strapped in this machine and made to extend and bend his knee rapidly. I could see the pain on his face as he grimaced, eyes closed tight in pain. He got a small break and he opened his eyes and I saw the tears hiding behind his brown eyes. I sighed going through it again and I honestly turned away. I didn't want to see it, for some reason it bothered me. At the same time, my respect for him doubled tenfold. He was trying so hard, fighting thru all the pain through everything to come back as fast as he could. I watched as he walked up with the doctor, a slight limp in his step.

"So how'd it go?" I asked as we walked out and got in the car.

"Fucking sucked."

"I think you did good, I can tell that hurt."

"Like a son of a bitch."

"How about I buy you lunch and we go back to your hotel, I'll give you a massage."

"Ok."

I grabbed us some food, some burgers but they were bomb and I got a couple of beers and drove us to the hotel he was staying in. I was surprised he was even staying in one considering how many people stayed in Florida that he was friends with and could probably stay with.

"So what made you stay at a hotel?"

"Space." I nodded as he ate his burger his leg propped up.

"Are you going to Mania?"

"I might be cool to see friends, I miss it." I nodded taking a sip of my drink.

"Besides I think I know someone whose going to have a breakout match."

"Oh do I know them?" He laughed looking at me

"I meant you." After eating I gave him a massage both to his back and shoulders and his leg. "Wow that feels really good." He moaned out.

"Glad you like it." I could feel him starring at me but didn't want to meet his face. The tension was kind of thick in the room and I had to leave. I was happy the phone rung and I knew immediately who it was.

'Favorite cousin calling' Colby laughed hearing Joe's voice.

"That's his ring tone?"

"Yup." I answered it my hand leaving Colby's body. "Sup Uce?"

"Haven't heard from you, everything ok, training and appointment go ok?"

"Training was good and if you want to ask about his appointment why call me." I placed Joe on speaker.

"I mean you were with him so I didn't know figured he'd tell you or did you guys fight again."

"Hey big man."

"Sup Colby didn't know I was on speaker."

"She just put it on and it sucked."

"Sorry to hear that, it's all good man you'll be back before you know it."

"Yea just be ready to give me my title back when I do."

"I have to win it first an then you gotta take it."

"I will." After they talked a bit I gathered my stuff and headed back to Joe's.

I spent the next four weeks training my ass off. I ran into Colby at the gym a few times, I was surprised at how hard he was working out. I knew he was going to come back just fine, he was really talented and his hair was pretty grown out. I hated that I liked him, I was content on the extreme dislike that I first had for him. I was so nervous that I couldn't really enjoy the Hall of Fame

 I was so nervous that I couldn't really enjoy the Hall of Fame

and honestly I didn't want to be here

and honestly I didn't want to be here. Granted on one hand it was awesome my brothers and I inducted our father into the hall of fame so it was a big night for my family, but I was already nervous and It was one of those times I felt like I was a third wheel. Josh was with Kecia, Jon had Trin and Joe was with Lina and I, like always was alone. There was an after party but I declined going and went back to the hotel. I took a shower washing off the makeup and tossing on some comfy pajamas. Tomorrow was a huge day and I was already nervous.