Cant Get Away

COLBY POV

I walked back in my house pretty damn sore. I was thankful Lei wasn't with me the WWE team had shown up to film a bit so it worked out she stayed. It was really quiet and I had at first thought she had left. However when I walked fully into the living room I saw her curled on the couch under a blanket asleep, my dog in her arms. She really was beautiful. I wonder if she would agree to date me yet, or at least give it a shot. I wanted to ask now but I knew that wasn't fair to her. I wouldn't be around and how often could she really see me. She had a family, she had kids to take care of. Whenever I got to finally come back I was for sure going to ask her out, when it was fair and we could more likely spend more time together. I laid next to her and she rolled into me her head going on my chest.

"How was rehab?" She asked tiredly.

"It went good, I'm wore out but doing better. Just wish I was through this already."

"Don't rush it Colby, it was a really serious injury, you rush it and your career is over." She said sincerely. "I know how much this means to you and how hard this has to be but you have to take your time. Until then just stay focused and keep your mind positive, and enjoy the extra time with your family." I smiled at her kissing her hand. The fact she had just said all that meant a hell of a lot and really made me care for her a bit more.

"Thank you."

A couple days later she had to head out. She had shows to do and had to get there before her brothers because they would no doubt wait at the gate and find out she really wasn't in Hawaii after all. While she was gone we texted or had a phone call every day or every other. If she was super silent she was with her family or her kids. She had an important match coming up in a few months, she had just found out she was going to be in a triple threat match with Charlotte and Sasha at Mania. It was a huge thing for her because for years all she was, all she did was valet for her brothers, now she was stepping out on her own. I was hoping I could be there, cheer her on in person.

Wrestlemania was a month away. I had harder work now.I wanted to hit up Lei and see her because I was in Orlando at the PC. I knew she lived her in Florida so maybe we could see each other a lot easier. I had no clue what was going on with us and I did't really know if I should act on those feelings since we did work together.

Are you busy? I said shooting her a text.

I'm a mom when am I not busy. I chuckled as I read her text.

Point taken. Well if you get the chance I don't know where you are but I'm in Florida.

What?

I'm at the PC, I'll be here for a few weeks, seeing doc, working out, trying to see about my comeback

I'll see what I can do, I'm about 40 mins away at Joe's

Joe's?

Yeah I'm staying here for a bit until I find a house I like, my lease was up so him and Lina let me stay.

K, I gotta head in stay safe.

LANI POV

Should I go, or should I stay here. I didn't really know what I should do. Hell I honestly already didn't know what I was doing. Colby and I had at this point had dozen of stolen kisses, two before he got injured and then I seriously went to fucking Iowa. I looked out at the kids who were swimming with their cousin.

"You ok?" I turned looking at my cousin who was watching me.

"Just thinking."

"About what?"

"Training, Mania."

"Lan we can always go in the gym."

"I know that but I meant the ring."

"I mean we aren't far from the PC we can always go there."

"Joe you need to spend time with Jojo."

"And you need to spend time with Nakoa and Kea. Come on, drink a beer with me." He said handing me a drink. I smiled taking it as we walked out side.

"Momma come swim with us."

"Coming." I took another sip sending Colby a message

Sorry can't get away, family time. Maybe if you are here for awhile we can link up I put the phone away before hopping in the pool with the kids. Joe grilled out some burgers and hot dogs and a couple steaks for me him and Lina. I helped make sure the kids had baths and everything before they went to bed. I took a shower before getting some water once I was done. Joe was on the couch playing a game.

"Come sit." He said not taking his eyes of the tv. Sitting by him I saw he was playing Call of Duty. "You ok?"

"Yeah, it's just hard to get this match off my mind. I got 4 weeks and this is the first real big thing for me. My chance to prove I'm not just Jon and Josh's little sister."

"Lani you always been more than that."

"I've always been in your guys shadow though Joe, since we were kids and my whole career I have been the pretty face standing with my brothers. I have never had a real chance, a real shot until now and if I fuck up I won't get another one."

"Don't talk like that."

"Tell me I'm wrong. You know I'm not. Trinity and I are the most athletic and talented women on the roster and never get to showcase that, it's getting old, I'm getting tired of it."

"Just stay focused and don't give up. One day you are going to be bigger than all of us."

"You really think so?"

"I know so. Stop selling yourself short. You got more talent than us and the three of us know it, as soon as the rest of the world sees it you won't be able to stop that fire." I hugged him tightly. Always knew what to say to make me feel better when I was down. After about an hour with Joe I went to bed. My phone was lit up and when I looked at it I saw a couple text from Colby