Chapter 56: Jut Want to Protect Her

Lin Xi couldn't help rolling her eyes, thinking in her heart, 'I am so lucky for marrying him huh. What's so good about it?'

It's him who was fortunate for marrying her.

Why is this man so narcissistic, let's talk about it, even if he was handsome, has a great figure, and he was rich.

But so what, she was also not bad, she was beautiful, a goddess hmp,

Back then, when she was in high school, there were a bunch of boys chasing after her and wanted to pursue her, begging her to be their girlfriend. But that's her Mu Feifei and not Lin Xi.

Hehe,

Lin Xi curled her lips and couldn't help but face him and said, "Huh, if I didn't marry you, I wouldn't have admitted here often."

Speaking of it, really, since marrying Lu Beichen, this was the second time she has been admitted to the hospital. The first time, she almost died from bleeding because her uterus had been damaged, and this time she almost lost her life.

But then she also remembered that this second time it's not Lu Beichen's fault, it has nothing to do with him. It's because of the previous owner of the body being so arrogant and competed with Ye Xiaomeng before.

But because of this, Lu Beichen blames himself.

A man, if he can't protect the closest woman around him, was he still called a man?

Every time he saw her in a difficult situation, he felt so distressed.

He wish he was the one who was suffering instead of her.

He doesn't know why, he just wants to protect her, as if seeing her like this, he'll think that he's not good enough, not a good person, not a good husband.

At first he thought he was good at her, he thought it was enough as long as he treats her well and gave her attention but now those attention was still futile if he was not with her, he still can't protect her if he was not around.

He blames himself,

He doesn't understand why, he a tyrant CEO cared so much to a little girl.

That little woman was his nominal wife, he has to protect her and treat her well more in the future.

Lately, he slowly discovered,

As long as he didn't see her even a minute, he will missed her, and he will feel upset if she was angry at him.

If he knew that something was not right with her, he will panic to point that his sorroundings would turned black, the feeling that he hadn't experienced before. If she was injured, he wished that he was the one injured.

Although he doesn't know what this feelings was, but... it should be right to follow his own heart.

However, she was still gotten injured twice,

Every time, hovering on the edge of life and death,

He's not omnipotent, he is not strong enough to protect her from any harm,

Although now, the Lu family was a powerful family, the Lu company was leading company all over the country and cannot be shaken,

but still, he was powerless.

Sometimes, he was still powerless when it comes to her. He still cannot protect her from others who harbors evil intention towards her.

Thinking of this, there was a glint of ruthlessness in his eyes,

Anyone who dares to hurt her, he will let them experienced Lin Xi's pain a thousand times.

Lin Xi just casually said it, but as soon as she looked up, she noticed Lu Beichen's deep and dangerous gaze. She knew why he was like that.

"Lu Beichen, I... I didn't mean to said it on purpose." Lin Xi said.

"It's okay, if it weren't for me, you wouldn't have been hurt so much." Lu Beichen said lightly

She felt his rough fingers carefully touching her soft cheeks. Although rough, they are warm and comfortable.

Lin Xi didn't want to see him blaming himself, so she quickly changed the subject and said a little coquettishly.

"Okay, okay, forget it. Just feed me quickly, I will starve to death"

Lu Beichen didn't say a word, and just fed Lin Xi silently

Looking at Lu Beichen's appearance, Lin Xi always felt that the man in front of her was nothing like the famous President Lu, who was stern, resolute and a legend.

In front of her, sometime he'll acted shy, feel guilty and also  thoughtful.

The two people silently stayed just like that,

He feeds...

She eats..

Although the two of them were  different from before, but there's an inexplicable affection that links each other.