Part 67

*** I took a random day off in there. Sorry about that. I was working my song writing abilities. Taking some inspiration from Pentatonix. Thanks for your patience! ***

"I missed you."

The day seemed to carry on like it normally did. Scott, Kirstie, and I had taken to talking over beer while Avi sat and watched from his corner of sobriety.

"So where was Avi earlier?"

"He can hear you." I eyed Kirstie. I wasn't sure where she'd intended to go with this line of questioning. I tried to telepathically tell Kirstie to shut her fucking mouth, but I could tell I wasn't having any effect on her. Girl could hold her alcohol, but her tongue was a different story.

"Well it's not like he could drive to the mall or anything." She took a long drink of her last beer, if I could help it, and held it tightly in her hand. I took the opportunity and smacked the bottom of my beer against the top of hers, causing the not so slow eruption of beer foam. "Fuck!" She pressed the bottle to her mouth and chugged until the foam settled and by then she'd lost her train of thought.  I'd have to thank Kevin for teaching me that trick. I looked back to Avi who was sitting with his arm on the back of the couch and his ankle resting on his knee. He caught me staring and furrowed his brows at me, causing me to laugh. Apparently, he hadn't heard Kirstie, so I kept quiet. I blew a kiss at him and he made the hand motion of swatting it away. How rude! I walked over to him and pressed my lips against his.

"How dare you swat my kiss away," I slurred. I guess I was drunker than I thought.

"Maybe I just wanted you to come over here." He pulled me down against his side and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I could feel his cheek on the top of my head. I'd missed the basic physical contact with him. He'd been pressing for his space, which I'd give him whenever he asked, but I missed his arms around me. He pulled me close to him and rested his chin on the top of my head, looking over at the drunken duo belting to a song neither of them knew the words to. He laughed. He actually laughed. The little bit of alcohol I'd had made it impossible to hold back my tears.

"Kitten?"

"I'm so happy!"

He smiled and pulled my head up to connect our lips.

"I missed you too."