Part Six

"I know."

Avi went into my bathroom and came back with my toothbrush, covered in toothpaste and water. "Brush."

I took the moist brush, afraid he'd kill me if I didn't. I got up to spit in the bathroom, being careful to not move anything Avi had placed in the pathway. I took my time. I flossed and then rinsed with mouthwash. By the time I'd finished, Avi was under my covers, against the wall, reading from the first page of my book. 

"What are you doing?"

"This is pretty good! What's it called?"

"Despite What You've Been Told. A pentaholic gave it to me in Florida." I reached into my bedside table and grabbed a spare bookmark. "She said she wrote it, so I promised her I'd read it and give her a review." Avi took the bookmark and placed it between the pages before closing the book and sitting it on my window sill. He grabbed my hair and pulled his fingers through it, ruining what ever style it had before. I looked like Jack Falahee. Avi yawned again. Even his yawn was in bass clef. I started to laugh at him, but a yawn stained my lips. He ended up laughing at me.

"We should go to sleep. Want me to close the door?" 

"Please."

I watched him stand up on my bed and step over me towards the door in nothing but his underwear. If Avi wasn't anything else, he was my aesthetic. He turned off the light and walked back over to me, pulling my shirt over my head and throwing it across the room. He climbed into bed and wrapped me up in his warm arms around me.

"Comfy?"

I happily grunted my approval, causing him to laugh. We were cuddled together in the middle of my bed, but I never fell asleep with my back to anyone, Scott knew that. I rolled over and pressed my face into Avi's neck. I'd expected him to object, but he simply smiled and pulled me closer. I nestled into him and fell asleep, feeling safe in his strong arms.

I heard Scott come into the apartment. He was loud and giggly. I looked up at Avi. He was still holding me like he was the night before. He quickly looked down at me and winked, closing his eyes. I followed suit and put my head back where it was.

"What the hell, Mitch?"

I could hear Scott yelling from the living room. He was probably picking up clothes and moving them, thinking I just got lazy after Avi left or something.

"Wait... Mitch doesn't have a PTX beanie..." 

I was trying so hard not to laugh, but Avi pinched me under the covers. I pressed my face into his shoulder, and let him pull me closer. I could hear Scott walking around. He was walking closer to my room, but stopped before stepping in.

"Mitch? Avi?"

Avi wiggled a little and looked over at Scott. I was a notoriously hard sleeper, so I didn't budge. Avi sat up, and scooted away from me.

"Oh no."

He sounded so convincing I was almost heartbroken. "Oh no. Oh no... What... What was I... What...?" The words sounded reminiscent to his speech after our performance of Dog Days on the Sing-Off and I almost started crying. I turned on my stomach and hugged my pillow, which was how I normally slept anyway. 

"What did we do last night?"

"Oh, you know."