Part 59

-Avi's Point of View-

"You don't want to know."

I'd decided against questioning Mitch's judgment. I walked him walk back into the kitchen and over to this large pot he had on the stove. He grabbed some sugar and poured it into the pot. He must have made his personality a soup. Kirstie was still fanning herself when she sat down on their couch to watch TV. Scott walked over and plopped down next to her, leaning on her shoulder. She wrapped her arms around him and kissed the top of his head while laughing the way she does. She was such a big sister around them. My brain began to focus on random aspects of our friendships.

Of the five of us, Kirstie and Kevin, both with K names, are the only ones without older siblings. They're both the oldest. Scott and I are the youngest of families with three kids. We all have sisters. Kirstie and Mitch both only have one sibling. No wonder Kevin's the most mature...

"Woofer! Come sit with us!" Kirstie sang at me with her fingers wiggling in my general direction. I smiled and rolled my eyes before I walked over to the couch, lifting both of them so I could sit in the corner and letting Kirstie fall against my side. It didn't take long before Scott fell asleep in Kirstie's arms. She shifted so that he was lying on the couch and she went to help Mitch in the kitchen. He stuck a spoon in her mouth and her face seemed to light up a little before she nodded and they high-fived. I closed my eyes and thought about my therapist meeting.

I sat in the center of this large grey couch and spilled my entire lift story to a man I'd only met about 15 minutes before and he told me some information he probably didn't expect me to remember. He asked me some questions that I could answer and a few that I just couldn't.

"Well... Can I call you Avriel?"

"Avi. Please."

"Right. Avi, it seems like you've been experiencing the symptoms of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. Now, in your case, this isn't as severe. You don't seem to be experiencing the emotional changes. Is this new for you?"

"The nightmares? Yeah. Just about 6 months. They started around a month into my last relationship."

He scribbled something down on his notepad and looked back up at me.

"If this gets worse, call me. Don't wait."

He handed me his card and that was the end of it.

"Avi? Fuck nugget!"

"What? Oh, yes, Kitten?"

"I've been calling you for two and a half minutes. Are you alright?"

He was hovering inches away from my face. I took the chance and pecked his lips. He lightly slapped me and stood up, smiling a crooked smile I'd never seen on him before. He was so sexy!

"You're fine. Idiot."