Part Eight

***Thank you guys soooo much for 1000+ reads! It really means the world to me! I'm going to try to update this at least once a day but please bare with me if I miss a day or fall a bit behind. Thanks so much!***

"I know."

After taming the beast that was Scott, Avi and I locked ourselves in my room. He lightly pulled at his beard as he thought, twirling some of the longer hairs between his fingers. He looked up at me.

"Where do you want to go from here?"

"What do you mean?"

He stood up and pulled his hands through his hair again, letting it fall everywhere. "I mean, do you want to keep pretending or not? I was thinking about it this morning and I feel like I forced you into this."

"Thanks for feeling sympathetic after I convinced my best friend you had your salami in my meat locker." I had never heard him laugh as hard as he laughed at the term "meat locker." I folded my arms and sat down next to him. "I'd rather be in a pretend relationship than alone, I guess."

"Great." He put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on him.

"Oh. Mitch, have you-" Scott stopped when he saw us and looked down at the empty dvd case in his hand.

"Don't worry. We weren't doing anything," Avi announced, adding a sensual grin in my direction. I grabbed his beanie off the table and pulled it down over his face adding an innocent smile to Scott.

"Yes, honey?"

"Right... The, um, Dragonball Z dvd?"

I looked around for a second before I found it sitting fragile side up on top of my dvd player. I handed it to Scott and walked back over to Avi.

"Guys?"

Avi and I both turned to look at Scott. He looked a bit flustered or embarrassed?

"I'm sorry I freaked out. If y'all are really happy, then I won't stop you."

"Thanks, Scott!" Avi stood up and walked over to him. They hugged and Avi grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers and pulling me against his side. "Sorry for startling you."

"It's no problem. Wait, is this what you guys have been doing every time?"

I looked at Avi only to meet eyes with him. He smiled and quickly checked me out. Now he was just teasing me. Fucker.

"I guess it build up. We've always had tension. It just kind of... exploded."

"Bad word choice," I snapped at him. Scott looked so internally conflicted. "Stop picturing it!"

"I... I wish I could." He rubbed his forehead with his hand and left the room, unable to look at us after that.

"I think you broke him."

"Oh, I know."