Part 33

"I'll fix you."

I fell asleep with my mouth and nose pressed to the top of Avi's head. When I opened my eyes again, I could feel him playing with a necklace I didn't go to sleep wearing. I decided to ignore it, since I wanted to hold on to the feeling of Avi in my arms.

"Kitten?"

"Hm?"

He lifted his head, so I could look into his eyes. He had the essence of a broken child, which sent a pain through my chest and temporarily stopped my breathing.

"Thank you."

"Why?"

"That was the first time I didn't... Can I stay for a few days?"

"Um, sure. You didn't bring a change of clothes though."

He pulled his phone out of his pocket. I never understood how he could just sleep with his phone in his pocket, but as long as he was comfortable, I was happy.

"Hey, Kevin... Could you pack some outfits into the bag under my bed and deliver it to Scott? Thanks... Bye, Playa."

Avi pushed on top of me and rested his head on the center of my chest. He had his eyes closed, but I couldn't tell if he was sleeping or not.

"Avi?"

"Yeah?"

"What are you doing?"

"Listening to your heart."

"Why?"

"Because I'm pretty sure every sound your body makes is perfect."

"You should hear me moan."

Avi turned so red I thought he'd pop. I couldn't help but laugh. Nothing is funnier than a grown man, with a beard and long hair, blushing like a schoolgirl. Schoolgirl Jesus. The thought of Jesus-Avi in a Japanese schoolgirl's uniform had me in tears.

"Are you okay? Mitch?"

"I'm... I'm fine," I choked out between laughs. Avi pulled himself up so he was right above my face and kissed me, wrapping his arms under mine, which were still around his neck. He pulled away and got up, escaping my arms.

"Where you goin'?"

"Bathroom."

"Don't use all my lotion."

"I will hurt you."