Part 68

I'd forgotten how warm it felt in Avi's arms. He held me close as he slept, stretched out across my bed. Because of the nap I'd taken earlier, I hadn't planned on getting much sleep, so I spent a few hours playing with Avi's beard. I'd created a mini paper colony by artistically arranging tiny pieces of paper in it. He shifted towards me, knocking most of the paper off, and into my face. I brushed it off on the floor and watched the slight twitches of his face. Why is his head so big? I cupped his face in my hands and looked deeply into his eyelids, like an idiot. We're almost the same size only he had a bigger head and bigger hands. Wait. Which head am I-... I'm so stupid.

"Why are you holding my face?"

I jumped. Wasn't he asleep? Maybe I moved too much. Did I wake him up?

"I'm sorry!" I let go and snuggled against him. He chuckled and pressed his lips and nose against the top of my head.

"Weirdo." With that, he went back to sleep and I followed.

I closed my eyes and saw an open field with a singular path leading off behind a mountain. I felt a hand grab mine and looked over at the smiling Avi next to me, sporting a flower crown might I add. We walked on the lonely path, letting laughter spill from our mouths and making the flowers bloom at our feet. I kissed him as we rounded the mountain to a large lake with a mountain range backdrop. We sat as the sun ran across the sky from the impending darkness that always seemed to follow her.  She hid her body behind the mountains and let her shadow engulf us.

"Kitten?"

"Hm?"

"Wake up."

Apparently, I'd given Avi a hickey on his chest in my sleep. I smiled up at him and tried to play it off. I'd had an innocent dream, but I guess all the kissing became more than an unconscious thought. He rolled his eyes and sat up. The hickey might not have happened the way I'd wanted it to, but it looked good on him. I should give him hickeys more often.