Part 28

*** This was originally 2 chapters, but they were too short, so I lumped them together. Sorry if it gets confusing. ***

"I noticed."

I'd always loved Esther and Avi's relationship dynamics. They were like sarcastic best friends, but they still had their sibling moments. They sat on the couch together while Scott and I found some food to pass around. I pulled out a few of the most recent snacks Avi had brought over and tossed them across the room to him. We'd worked out this system. I'd yell "food" and he'd just catch what I was throwing and set it down on the table. Scott hated it.

"Boy?" 

"Yes, Woman?"

"Did you two ever talk about what would happen if you broke up? You're kind of in business together."

"We haven't needed to. I don't think we plan on breaking up."

"Well, no one plans on it, but... if it happens..."

"It won't."

I walked into the living room and handed them both cans of Sprite.

"I don't like Sprite."

"Me either."

They both held the cans away from them like they would get infected from the drinks. I smiled as innocently as I could. If they were going to talk about me, they could at least do it where I couldn't hear them.

"I know.

-Avi's Point of View-

"I know" 

I rolled my eyes and pulled Esther into Mitch's room. I closed the door behind us and walked a little further back, into the far end of his room.

"What is this about?"

"I'm just worried about Pentatonix."

"Nothing's gonna happen to Pentatonix."

She folded her arms and leaned onto her right leg.

"After Jennifer and you broke up, you wouldn't have any association with them for 3 years."

"That was different."

"How?"

"She wasn't my friend for three years first. If we break up, we'll work it out as adults and as friends, but as of right now..." I smiled at her. She seemed to melt. Esther always spoiled me, which was a gift and a curse. We had always been close, even when we moved apart from each other. I saw her more than I saw mom. Now that she was basically my boss, I had to admit I'd probably held on a bit too hard to her. She could probably do so much more without me, considering how talented she is.

"I understand that. I just want to make sure you've thought this through."

"I know."