Part 37

-Avi's Point of View-

"I love you too."

I had cleaning to do. I had never been more thankful for the random baby wipes Mitch had in his drawer. Maybe they weren't so random... I slowly wiped Mitch's chest and stomach clean before throwing away a much-used condom and cleaning myself. Mitch tossed my underwear at me and when I turned around he was slipping into his. I smiled and put mine on before I laid down, pulling Mitch's chest to mine.

"Guess I can't make white flower references now."

I ignored him and pulled his hair back off his forehead. He had this perfect hairline that almost didn't look real. He was the human embodiment of an anime character. I kissed his naked forehead and looked down at his face as he slowly fell asleep in my arms. He was so picture perfect. I pulled his blanket over both of our lower halves and took a picture with my phone. I debated posting it artistically, but decided to wait until we were a little more public. He hummed softly in his sleep, not really singing anything, but just a showing of his complete relaxation. I was just as tired as he was, but I couldn't shake this anxious feeling in my gut. I had multitudes of horrible situations running through my head, to the teetering point of a panic attack. I could feel my breathing starting to speed up and my brain was beginning to mush, but Mitch shivered and moved closed to me for warmth and all my thoughts vanished. I could only focus on the man I was holding.

I slowly lifted his head so I could look deeply at his relaxed face. The way his mouth slightly parted when he relaxed. The beautifully soft yet sharp curves of his face, masculine yet feminine. The way his perfect eyebrows twitched slightly as he fell into a deep sleep. He really was perfect. I'd have to thank Nel and Mike later. I pulled the blanket up to Mitch's ear and tucked it just under my arm.  I could feel myself drifting off to sleep with the thought of his deep brown eyes locked with mine. I could still feel his hands in my hair and his breath as he moaned into my ear in his beautiful voice. That voice. He could probably read a phone book and I'd listen for hours. He'd probably end up making fun of the names and skipping the numbers.

I was beginning to dream. I opened my eyes to an ocean. I was standing alone, but the peace of the ocean was nice. There was someone walking towards me, but they were behind me. They put their arms around me and pressed their head into my shoulder. I smiled and gripped their hand in mine.

"Mitch."

He giggled and walked around me, stepping close and kissing the tip of my nose. He turned around and opened the door to a car that wasn't there before. I was in the back seat, curled into a ball. Mitch looked at me, concern in his eyes.

"Avi? Are you okay?"

I started to back away from him. He stepped towards me, extending his hand. "Avi?" He continued to step towards me as I stepped back. The car began to fade into the distance. My back hit a wall. Mitch closed the distance and wiped a single tear from my face. "I won't leave." He smiled and hugged me. "Avi... Avi?"

"Avi!"

I opened my eyes to Mitch hovering over me, letting out a deep sigh. "I was worried! You were crying and sweating. Did you have a nightmare?" 

"Just a little." I laughed, pulling my hair back and wiping some sweat off of my forehead. "How do you always do that?" 

"Do what?"

"Save me."