Part 51.5

-Avi's Point of View-

"Can I hold your hand?"

I rolled over immediately and held my hand out over his shoulder. His arms are safe. I pulled him towards me until I couldn't anymore. His arms are safe. I knelt and looked into those large pained brown eyes and wanted nothing more than to be wrapped in his arms. "Stand up." I couldn't wait. As soon as he was stable I lunged at him, finally feeling his body against mine. I felt so happy I fell over, pulling him down with me. His arms are safe. He was being very careful with me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me. His arms are safe. His arms were safe. I felt relaxed. I couldn't think about Rachael when I was in his arms. I wouldn't. I started to sob. The built up pain I'd been feeling was overflowing through gross sobs into Mitch's shoulder. I grabbed a handful of his shirt and let him carry the burden of my past. I let it ooze out of me like a cracked egg releasing its yolk. I released everything I had into his shirt and he didn't shame me for it. He just held me and occasionally stroked the back of my head supportively. I love him so much. I could feel my eyes getting heavy. I hadn't had a peaceful night's sleep in 5 or 6 days, but being in Mitch's arms...