Part Ten

"We know."

The three of us sat and watched TV for a while, until Scott said the two words that always changed the situation.

"I'm hungry."

I started making phone calls. Avi was looking up locations. Scott looked confused. Within the next half hour, the entirety of Pentatonix, and their usual dates were around a large table. Scott and Kevin were next to each other, handing out the food, next to them were Alex and Kevira. Next to Alex was Me and Avi and next to Kevira was Kirstie and Jeremy. Everyone was accounted for.

With all the food plated and everyone's forks vehemently digging into the plates in front of them, Scott spoke up.

"Mitch, Avi? Don't you have something to say?"

Everyone's forks had stopped, except mine. Avi's plan. Avi explains. Mommy wasn't telling this news on an empty stomach. Avi smiled and looked down at his plate. If he wasn't so evil, I'd think he was innocently smiling.

"I... I recently started dating someone."

There were the obviously expected congrats all around. Avi smiled again and lifted his head from his plate, which was a task for him whenever there was food within a ten mile radius. I paused between bites and swallowed all my food. I didn't want to spit food everywhere when Avi said the words. I wanted to watch their faces in realization. He grabbed my hand from under the table and made eye contact with me.

Oh no.

This fucker!

I'd kill him now if we weren't already scheduled to tour in a few months.

He smiled and leaned towards me, closing the small distance and kissing me. I heard a mountain of gasps, but I knew I had some acting to do, so I smiled and pulled away. I turned to everyone else and had to put food in my mouth to keep from falling on the floor and laughing my lungs out of my body. There was a sudden eruption of noise, mostly questions about if we were serious.

"Come on. We would never do that to you guys! I just... I just really like Mitch."

"Don't you start. Last time you complimented me, we-"

"Okay! Food! Eating! Eat!" Scott shouted. I smiled and leaned into Avi's ear.

"Kiss me again without warning and I'll kill you in your sleep. I know where you live."

He winked at me and smiled.

"I know."