Part 50

*** 50 chapters?! This is huge! I have no idea how long this is going to be, but I really enjoy writing it, so I'll keep writing as long as you guys keep wanting to read, or until I can tie up these loose ends. ***

-Avi's Point of View-

"Hold me. Please."

I sounded so weak and desperate, but I was. As scared of it as I was, I missed Mitch's touch. I missed the support he would give. I missed him.

"I can't."

"Mitch-"

"I don't want to scare you."

Dammit, Mitch. This was my fault. If I hadn't let her push me around, I could support Mitch instead of him being too afraid to support me. Every time I felt his hand on my skin, this unwarranted fear would creep into my mind that he would hurt me. He would abuse me because I didn't deserve better. He would punish me for being untouchable, but I wanted him near me. I wanted him to hold me and tell me it would all be okay. Its cliché, but it's what I wanted. I was tired of having flashbacks.

I could vividly remember one of her worst joyrides. She drove around with no seatbelt on and crashed into a large truck, killing the driver and seriously injuring herself. I could remember the familiar pop sound as the car's front end made contact with gas-guzzler. I kept my head tucked into my knees until I could hear someone screaming my name. I kicked the door open and pulled myself out of the wrecked car, completely unharmed, except for a few scratches here and there. I looked back to the closed off leg section of the car I'd just pulled myself from and ran into Esther's arms. There was a very familiar ambulance weeping session that followed and I never talked to Rachael again.

I'd started to cry again. The memory itself was a nightmare I could never fully awake from. I lived my nightmare and it haunted me even while my eyes stared at the back of my lover's head. I felt sick.

"Avi?"

"Yes."

"Can... Can I hold your hand?"