Part 54

-Avi's Point of View-

"Yeah, yeah."

I closed the bathroom door and couldn't keep the large smile off my face. There was still a lot I needed to do, but I slept without her polluting my dreams and that was definitely a step in the right direction. I stepped in front of Mitch's sink and rinsed my face off with some cold water. When I looked up into the mirror, she was there, her eyes black and unwavering. She stared deep into my eyes, locking me in a trance of sorts. I could feel myself slipping back into past habits. My brain was telling me to do 100 things I knew never to do. The longer I stood paralyzed in the mirror, the more I wanted to go to her. I wanted to be by her side, but I didn't want to be anywhere near her. I needed to be near Mitch, but the sick and tainted remnants of my insane and sadistic mind wanted her.

Mitch knocked on the bathroom door. I heard him knock, but I couldn't move. He opened the door, probably worried about me being silent for so long. He put his hand on my shoulder and I jolted away from the mirror. I closed my eyes and rubbed my face with my hands.

"Avi? Are you alright?"

I didn't need to talk. I kissed Mitch. I kissed him with everything I had, sitting him on the sink and cupping his ass in my hands.

"What are... you... doing?"

"Need sex. Can have?"

"Mommy needs coffee first."

I moved my hands to the counter beside Mitch and let my head fall against his shoulder. I wasn't even turned on. What was I trying to do? Did I need reassurance that I was his? Was... Was I beginning to second-guess my love? No. This was Rachael. This is what she would to do me. She would get inside my mind and convince me no one would love me but her. She would tell me she was the best I was going to get. Mitch proved her so wrong. Not only was he one of my closest friends, but he was the best boyfriend of the 5 I'd had in my lifetime.

"Avi?"

"I need help."