Part 55

*** I've been slow the past couple days! Sorry about that. I think I should be able to get to Part 60 by today though. Thanks for your patience! Also, who is ever just up at 6:30 am on a Tuesday??? ***

"I need help."

I don't think Avi realized he had tears running down his face. From the time I'd entered the bathroom he'd been crying, but he hadn't moved to dry his face. I sighed and pulled his head so he could look up at me. "Dumbass." I wiped the tears from his face, which I guess woke him up from whatever half dream state he was in. He looked deep into my eyes and only then did he physically start crying.

"I love you."

"I love you too?"

He hugged me again, pressing his face into the same spot in the center of my chest. He was practically glued to me. "Avi?" I tried to get down off the sink, but he held me there. He took a deep breath and stepped back, releasing his arms and helping me down.

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

He looked deep into my eyes. There was something not quite right about them. He almost seemed less alive. I cupped his face in my hands and pulled him a bit closer. He moved his hands on top of mine and took a deep breath. "I'm an idiot."

"What? No you aren't."

"You... Do you really love me?" He pulled my hands away from his face. He kissed my palms and stepped away from me, losing contact for practically the first time since I'd entered the bathroom.

"Yes. Of course I do. Is something wrong? Are you okay?"

He hugged himself and sat down on the edge of my empty tub. "She's... She's haunting me." He moved his hands to the sides of his head and rested his elbows on his thighs. "I can't escape her. I just... I don't want this. I don't want to see her anymore."

I knelt in front of him and lifted his chin. "Then, please let me help you. I don't like seeing you like this." I smiled slightly. "We could probably call a psychologist and work something out if I'm not helpful enough. There are tons of options, but you have to be willing to work with me."

He started to tear up again. "It'll be hard."

"I know. I'll help you." I pushed some of his hair off his face and hugged him close to me. I felt him press his face into my neck. "I promise."

"I love you."