Part 49

*** This is kind of the 50th chapter! I realize it's the 49th, but I'm counting the half chapter as well and this is amazing! I never thought this story would be this big for me and I love you guys! Please check my other works if you haven't already and don't forget to comment/vote/follow. <333 ***

"I hate this."

I watched Avi sleep that night. I sat next to the bed and watched for every twitch of his face and the gentle movement of his hair. It didn't take too long before he started having a nightmare. I sighed and moved to wake him when a thought crossed my mind. How many sick people would use this sick shit to their advantage? If Avi hadn't come up with his stupid plan, would some person be pulling his heartstrings when they're already broken? The thought of him in another abuser's arms had my heart lurching. I wanted to hold him, to wrap him up in my love and help him heal, but he'd become a bubble to me. I couldn't risk breaking him with even the lightest touch of my fingers.

"Avi?"

He rolled over, his eyes were open and he was curled into a ball.

"Another nightmare?"

He nodded and started to cry. His tears set a fire in me. My fucking pillar of hope was broken because of this bitch! I had never had a more intense will to kill, but no one close to me had ever been this badly abused. He tucked his face into his knees and hugged as much of himself as he could. Each hitched breath broke my heart a little more. I sat with my back against the side of the bed and looked up and ceiling. My thoughts were racing. If I couldn't touch Avi without making things worse, how the hell was I supposed to help?

"Mitchie?"

"Yeah?

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry. You have no reason to be sorry."

"I'm hurting you."

"You are not hurting me." I turned so I could look him in his eyes and saw nothing of the man that held me just a few days before. He had come so far undone from seeing her once, by chance, in public. If we had been alone, I'd be afraid of what he would have become. He wiped his tears with his arm and rolled over so his back was to me.

"Mitchie?"

"Yes, Fuck nugget?"

"Hold me. Please."