55[2]. Abundance Of The Rain

3rd Person's POV

Y/N's announcement wasn't even finished when the people started to rush towards the elevators. Needless to say, that they are all excited. This is Mihn Y/N they're talking about; much more is that she's with Amber Liu.

Amidst the excited people in the lobby, Liu Yuxin stood, still frozen in her spot. Specifically, the group of eleven girls are. Lost in thought despite the squeals and cheers of excitement going off around them.

"Wait, hold it! Y/N, you excited them too much, I think I can hear thumps!" Amber exclaimed, her voice ringing in the speakers, making everyone briefly stop.

"Oops! My bad. Please don't rush and hurt yourselves. There's no need to rush. There would be enough cupcakes for everyone!" Y/N reminded, her voice tingling with excitement and happiness.

"Yuxin! Let's go!" Keran exclaimed as she pulled the younger by the arm along with Lin Fan.

This seemed to break Yuxin's trance as she blinked and stumbled a little to catch up to Keran's fast and wide steps. At first she was confused, she got so lost in thoughts, that for a brief moment, she forgot where she was and even what she was doing. But then, as she snapped out of her daze, the answers started to sink in.

Heck, to her, it felt like she was still dreaming and she's afraid that anytime soon, she'll wake up in the harsh reality of life. That she's still lonely... That she'll wake up feeling so empty. She wiped her blurry eyes as she sniffed, choosing to shake out any other thoughts out of her mind and focus on getting to Y/N first.

"There! Hurry up!" She could hear Xi'ai yell somewhere from behind her. She briefly turned to see the girl pointing towards one of the opening elevator shafts.

Yuxin almost tripped over her own feet as Keran's grip on her only tightened and she's being dragged towards the elevator. It was a miracle how all eleven of them managed to squeeze in one shaft together. Of course, pushing other people is a factor that can't be avoided as they forced their way in, so that all eleven of them are the only ones inside, yelling one apology after another. As the doors finally closed, it's like a percentage of their adrenaline was also cut off as they panted, leaning against the wall and on each other.

"Damn, why do I feel like I just entered world war 3?" Xi'ai mumbled as she leaned against An Qi.

"This is a sign that I need to work out more. But heck, hotpots at 3 am just hits different." The latter mumbled as she dabbed at the sweat forming on her forehead.

Breathless laughs followed suit, but were stopped as they felt the elevator stopping and the doors are sliding open again. Squeals are slowly filling the air as they're greeted by excited people.

"I'm sorry, there's no space!" Yu Yan yelled out from the back corner of the elevator, being squished as she was the first one to enter. Groans of protests didn't go unheard as some of the excited trainees tried to force their way in.

"Holy shit, aren't they The9? There's also Lin Fan and Shangguan Xi'ai!" Someone exclaimed, making the group of girls look at each other. Haven't the people already recognized them earlier? But looking at their states, all dressed casually in sweats and hoodies with no makeup on, it was understandable.

"Yes. Sorry, but there really is no more room." Esther said, flashing a sweet smile as she gently pushed the trainee back, being that she is the one up front. The trainee looked at her in shock. Maybe it was because of star struck. This made Esther let out a laugh and gave a small wave as the doors slid close.

"Shit. Looks like we'll be stopping at every floor." Xiaotang grumbled, making all of them sigh.

"So, that Amber girl. Seems like she's pretty popular." Snow spoke up.