35. Not Over

Y/N's POV

It was undeniably a very gloomy day today. It's like life and rainbows and butterflies are sucked out and everything is black and white. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as silence enveloped everything in it's cold arms. Tonight would be the announcement of of the top 20. That means that 20 of us would have the chance to debut and the other 15 would have to stop here and hope for the better.

I'm scared myself, because who wouldn't be? We've all come so far and it leads us to this. I sighed as I finished up my lunch. I then stood up, cringing as the chair legs scraped against the tiled floor, creating a screeching sound and breaking the silence.

"Sorry. I think I need a breather." I said as I stepped out.
"You know what? Me too." An Qi said as she also stood up from her seat next to Xin, an uneasy smile on her lips.
"Wanna go for ice cream in the corner of the street?" I asked, making her nod.

"You both just finished eating." Shaking said.
"So, your point is?" An Qi sassed, making the later huff.
"Aren't you two, too full for ice cream?" Shaking said, rolling her eyes.
"Well, yeah. But we'll walk, so by the time we get there, we won't be anymore." An Qi said, making me nod.
"Smart." I complimented, making her smirk and flick her hair.

"I wanna go too!" Fanfan said as she stood up.
"You know what An Qi? I changed my mind, maybe some other time." I teased, sitting back down.
"Me too, let's just go tomorrow." She rode on, making the others snicker.

"Hey, why are you being mean?" Fanfan whined, tugging on my arm.
"We're not." I said, smiling up at her.
"Let's get ice cream then!" She exclaimed, pulling me up.
"Would it be your treat?" I asked.
"Yes." She defeatedly huffed, making me smile widely.
"Great! What are you waiting for? Let's go!" I said excitedly, taking it to my accord to pull her.

"Hey! You both are really going without us?" Keran asked in a ridiculed manner.
"Umm, yeah...?" Fanfan answered, turning to them.
"For all we know, they just want to do some cute girl hun-" An Qi was cut off as Fanfan clamped her mouth shut.

"Okay An Qi, you're coming with Team Lin Mihn." Fanfan said in a sickly sweet tone, making An Qi's eye widen.
"Cute girl what?" Xin pressed, narrowing her eyes at me.
"Don't look at me Xinxin. I don't have a clue. It's Fanfan." I defended, earning a whack from the said girl.

"A real good friend you are Y/N." Fanfan said, making me huff.
"Tsk. Between the both of us, you're the one with a lot of-"
"Okay Y/N, let's get ice cream now." She cut me off, her hand covering my mouth.

"Lin Fan." Keran called out, making Fanfan turn to her, a smile painting her lips.
"Yes Keke?" She answered, giving An Qi and I the chance to swat her hands away.
"Cute girl what?" Keran asked.
"I dunno, ask Y/N." She answered, nudging me forward.
"W-what. I don't know, all I know is that we're supposed to get ice cream. Ask An Qi!" I said, going to stand next to where Xin is sitting.

"C-cute girl hunting...?" An Qi answered unsurely, earning an elbow from Fanfan.
"What?" Xin and Keran said, looking at us.
"S-she meant cute girl husky hunting. Hahaha... Didn't you An Qi?" Fanfan said, turning to An Qi who, nodded sheepishly making the others snicker.

"Alright, we're all going." Xin said, standing up before pulling me to her side and slinging her arm around my shoulder.
"Don't talk to me." Keran said as she walked ahead, leaving Fanfan behind.
"Wait Keke!" Fanfan called out.
"No." Keran said as she walked out the door.

"Oof." I mumbled, looking at An Qi who's now looking sheepish.
"Should I go grab my guitar again?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence. We all silently watched Fanfan as she let out a sigh.
"No thanks. I'll go find her. Wait for us a bit alright?" She said before she jogged out the door. It was quiet then as we looked at each other, not knowing what to do.