12. The Dagger

Y/N's POV

I nervously followed behind as some of the staffs carried Xin's unconscious body towards our building's clinic. Kiki, Snow, Fanfan and Keran are with me. I linked my arms with Fanfan, trying to ease down my nervousness and panic.

"This is all my fault. Isn't it?" I breathe out, the guilty feeling eating my insides.
"No, it's not. You didn't know and we didn't either. Don't beat yourself up." Keran said, comfortingly patting my back.

"It is. She sees and treats me as her best friend but I wasn't there for her when she needed me." I said lowly. I felt Fanfan tightened our linked arms.
"It's not your fault okay? Come on, let's hurry up so we can know what happened to her." She said, making me breathe out and nod my head.

Luckily the clinic wasn't that far from our location and one of the main nurse is there. We sat anxiously on the tiny waiting from as they all attended to Xin.

I leaned my head on Fanfan's shoulder and closed my eyes as the stress and and panic started leaving my body. I remembered what Xin told me before she passed out. 'Don't leave me again.' What did she mean? I never really left her did I? Sigh, maybe she felt like I did. Gosh, I really need to apologize to her. After a few minutes, the nurse came out, causing us to become alert and stand up.

"How is she?" I asked.
"She's fine and stable at the moment. She fainted maybe because of stress and fatigue, but she should be all right now." She explained, making us all release a sigh of relief.
"Can we see her now?" Snow asked.
"Yes, but she's still asleep so please refrain from making too much noise." She said, to which we nodded at before she left.

"Let's go." Keran said before pulling Fanfan and I with her. She quietly opened the door and led us in. Xin looks so peaceful which I'm thankful of. Her once tired expression was completely washed away. Keran contimued to pull us until we're close to her bed. We silently placed some chairs close to her bed so we can sit next to her.

I sat by her side, lightly holding her hand and feeling like a train is going around my stomach because of guilt. We just sat there, all preoccupied in our own thoughts. A deafening silence looming over us.

"Don't you guys want to shower?" I asked, desperate to break the silence.
"We already did. Besides, we didn't practice much, so we aren't really that sweaty." Kiki said.
"You should go though. It must be uncomfortable for you since you've been practicing since this morning." Snow suggested. I hesistated, I don't want to leave Xin bit I'm starting to get uncomfortable too.

"Don't woody about Xin, we'll stay here with her." She said. I sighed and nodded. I stood up and untangled my hand from Xin's.
"All right. Do you guys want anything for when I come back?" I asked.
"Maybe just those food packages for dinner and some drinks?" Keran requested.
"Okay. I'll be quick." I said before finally walking out the room.

Not even 15 minutes later, I reached the dorms. I quickly entered and took a much needed relaxing shower. I enjoyed it for as long as I could before heading out and changing into some over sized sweater and some leggings. After that I immediately headed out and went down to the cafeteria. When I got there, the others are already sitting in our usual table, so I decided to go to them first to explain the situation.

"Hey Y/N! Where are the others?" Hazel asked.
"Xin is in the clinic after passing out and the others are with her. I'm actually going to get us some dinner." I explained.
"Is Xin alright?" An Qi asked.
"Yes, the nurse said she passed out because of stress and tiredness." I said, making them nod in understanding.

"Okay, I'm gonna go now. Take care, all of you okay? See you all tomorrow." I said and waved before walking away and picked up 6 packages just in case Xin wakes up. I also got some drinks for all of us. I quickly put all of my items in some paper bags. I quickly walked out AMD jogged towards the clinic, careful not to jostle the foods on my arms too much.