51. Fix Me, Can You?

Yuxin's POV

March 27, 2020. She still have not returned. It feels unfair. Why? Why hasn't she come back yet? It has been 10 months already. 10 months of longing, trying to find her, trying to fill and consume my time and avoid feeling like this. Like my chest is just hollow and all I'm doing right now, the things I love and enjoy are just temporary fixes and fillers.

Nothing seems to be going right for the past month. Everything is going downhill for the group. Pressure continued to build and in our hindsight, we can already picture its outcomes. It is all because of the company. They just never learn. Let's do a little summarization, shall we?

First, let's start last year, when the show is still ongoing. That time, malicious editing was their main issue. Some trainees didn't get the chance to have the screen time they deserved. All of us worked really hard and yet they failed to showcase that. Fast forward, manipulation of votes became the next issue.

Their issues just go one after another. It just never stops. We have been quite inactive for a while now that the company is facing harsh backlash. Not just from our fans, but some of its own staffs as well. Actually, it has gotten so bad that the shareholders began pulling their shares and demanding refunds. So yeah, nothing is going as they have planned as the CEO and associates are facing these complaints at court today.

Honestly, we aren't much troubled than we thought we were going to be when we first heard of this news. We were more troubled of the possibility that we won't be able to see each other as much. And I know it is a harsh thing to say but, we were glad, relieved. We know there are so much more opportunities and chances out there, free from limitations.

It's already five in the afternoon. Our group, along with the addition of Lin Fan, Xi'ai and Daimeng are all sitting in the living room or our dorm. In front of us, the television is turned on and transfixed to a live broadcast of what is currently happening in court.

"Can't they just skip to the part when the judge says. I declare Dong Yun, guilty of these charges. Then bam! It's done." Lin Fan groaned out, making me look at her and see her lazily holding her head up with the palm of her hand.

"I can do magic for the to happen." Xi'ai replied, making the other girl turn to her in curiosity.
"Really?" Lin Fan tested, now seemingly awake.
"Yeah. I'll just bam! Your head and then when you wake up, the trial would already be done." Xi'ai snapped, making exaggerated hand movements and acting excited. We all laughed as Lin Fan huffed and rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, laugh now, Xi'ai. Let's see if you can still laugh when I shave your brows off while you sleep." Lin Fan said haughtily.
"Shush, everyone. I think it's done now." Yu Yan said, her eyes focused on the television. We all stopped laughing and did the same, calmly waiting for the last decision of the judge.

"With all the evidences presented and trials. The jury finds the defendants, guilty." The judge proclaimed and proceeded to hit the gavel against the wood.
"This court is adjourned."

We all went quiet. As if hesitating on how to act and what our expression should be. An Qi reached out to get the remote from the coffee table and turned it off before settling the remote back down.

"So." She trailed of, looking at us before smiling widely and standing up to cheer. We all followed her and we all slightly jumped around in cheer and joy.

"I just realized a problem." Shaking whispered beside me, her eyes wide with realization.
"W-what?" Keran asked, all of us looking at Shaking as well.
"We don't have anywhere to go!" Shaking cried, making all of us understand.

"Oh my god. You're right! Soon they will be taking everything back, even this house!" Kiki cried along with her, looking distressed.
"Don't be ridiculous. Certainly they can't just kick us out of a blue! For sure they'll give us time." Snow said rationally.