39. Tell My Mind

Yuxin's POV

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" I asked as I watched her approach me, a soft smile on her lips.
"Hmm? Fanfan forgot something in the dorms, I think. I'm waiting for her here since it's too cold outside." She answered, making me let out a laugh.

"That's quite expected for her." I said, making her let out a giggle.
"Yeah. It's either she really forgot or Keran took it out again." She said, shaking her head.

"Let's sit for a while." I suggested and took her hand to lead her.
"Your hand's too cold." I said as we sat down. I sighed and grabbed both of her hands, trying to warm them.

"You shouldn't have stayed out in the cold for too long." I reprimanded, rubbing her hands.
"It's fine. They're just oddly like that. I guess." She said, smiling softly. I let out a sigh and continued rubbing her hands to warm them.

"Xinxin." She called out, making me look up to lock gazes with her.
"Will you keep our promise no matter what?" She asked lowly, making me furrow my brows in confusion.
"Of course I would." I assured, cupping her cheeks.

"I trust that you would, baobei." She muttered, giving me a sweet smile, making me return it.
"Can you promise me one more thing?" She requested, making me nod wordlessly, the smile staying on my lips.

"No matter how long it takes, wait for me to come home to you." She said, caressing my cheeks.
"I will. But why? You're only going away for a week." I said, leaning in to her touch.

"Just do it, alright? Time's running out baobei." She said softly, her a calm expression giving great contrast to my confused one.
"What do you mean time's running out?" I asked, gripping her hands.

"I mean, the car's probably outside already." She said, letting out a little laugh.
"Wo ai ni, Xinxin baobei. Never forget that." She said sweetly.
"I won't. Wo ye ai ni." I returned, leaning in to place a small kiss on her lips and smiling to myself as she blushed a bit red.

"Okay, go now. Wake up." She said, making me confused once again.
"Huh?" I muttered.
"Wake up Yuxin." She said, giving me a wide smile.
"I'll see you soon. Wake up Xinxin." She said again before it went black.

It feels like I'm falling into a black hole. I want to move and stop myself but I can't. Every control I have over my body feels like it disappeared mid air.

"Liu Yuxin. Wake up!" I heard someone say, making me groan and cover my eyes from the bright light.
"W-what? Y/N?" I muttered, still I'm daze.

"It's Keran. They left yesterday evening remember? Wake up now by the way." She said, making me groan and start to wake up.
"What time is it?" I asked groggily as I rubbed my eyes.
"It's 6 in the morning." She answered shortly, making me let out a big sigh and lay back.

"Same. It's so different without them here, isn't it?" She asked, making me him in agreement.
"Anyways, go get ready. I'm already done, I'll just wait for you." She added, making me huff and nod.

I quickly sat up to collect my clothes before going inside the bathroom. I didn't have much sleep. My mind was just too preoccupied to even think about resting. Something just felt weird, that's all I'm certain of. I guess it's because I've been so used to sleeping next to Y/N, that my mindset is having quite a hard time adjusting. Keran's in a much better state than I am, maybe it's because this isn't new to them. It hasn't even been a day but I already miss her.

"Yuxin, you okay in there? You've been there for almost 20 minutes!" I heard Keran yell while knocking on the door, making me jolt and almost slip in the soap.
"Y-yeah! Give me five minutes!" I yelled back.