31. Lion

Y/N's POV

"Y/N... Wake up!" I heard someone say in a hushed voice along with someone poking my cheek. I slowly opened my eyes and was greeted by Xin sitting beside me.
"Is something wrong?" I asked, my voice still laced with sleepiness. My eyes slowly adjusted and I was able to fully open them as I slowly became more awake.

"Nothing's wrong. I just wanna ask if you want to watch the sunrise with me?" She asked, a small smile on her lips. Dear lord, it's so early in the morning and she's already attacking me with her cuteness.
"Sure. Any reason why though?" I asked as I slowly sat up.

"Well, today is a big day. So I thought it would do us great if we spend a few minutes meditating to prepare ourselves. Besides, it's been quite a while since we watched the sunrise." She explained, making me smile and nod in understanding.
"I'll go get ready first." She said as she stood up to gather her clothes before going inside the bathroom.

I laid back on our bunk motionlessly, trying to memtally prepare myself for the incoming day. Today would be our performance for our third public show and assessment. I'm very much confident in our group but of course, I can't help but feel nervous for myself. We're basically a team of aces, the youth producers would definitely have a difficult time choosing who to vote.

"Y/N? You can go now." Xin said, appearing in front of me again. I snapped out of it and stood up to go to my closet for clothes.
"I'll be quick." I said as I entered the bathroom.

I quickly did my routines and freshened up. I didn't bother to put makeup on as the stylist will apply our makeup later for our performance. I didn't do anything with my hair either and just let it air dry because using the blow dryer would wake Keran and Fanfan up.

Speaking of Fanfan, she's been acting odd for some reasons these past few days. But I pay it no mind as she's just probably stressed out. Once I was ready to go, I went out the bathroom and organized my things a bit.

"Let's go?" Xin asked as she walked to the door. I let out a hum and walked out with her. The walk was comfortably silent. The feeling of waking up on a rainy Sunday and being comfortable and just wanting to stay Luke that forever. Yes, that feeling. Our laced hands swing between us as we walked. Our ability to communicate silently allowed us to look at each other and let out laughs as if we know what the other is thinking of.

"Are you excited?" I asked as we climbed up the stairs towards the rooftop.
"A lot. I'm excited to show my UMs my performance." She said, smiling at me before leading me towards the bench. It's still partly dark out, the sun only peaking out the tiniest bit.

"UMs huh? Is that what you call your fans?" I asked as I observed the scenery.
"Yeah. It's short for umbrellas. You know how my name means rain, so it kinda got into analogies." She said, a soft smile on her lips.
"That's really creative and cute." I said as I leaned my head on her shoulder.

"What do you call your fans then?" She asked, making me let out a laugh.
"I call them clowns and we're basically a circus together." I said, making her laugh.
"Wait, really?" She asked, making me pull away from her so that I could fully face her.

"Yeah, we're literally full of clownery. There's that one time when I was going undercover and they helped me. One girl pretented to be me so I can finish my errand. It's quite amusing to see the paps' reaction when they found out." I explained.

I joined in on laughing as hers rang into the peaceful air. I can't help but stare at her as her eyes turned into curves of crescents and her lips pull up into a wide smile.

"Why are you staring like that?" She asked as her laughs finally calmed down.
"Nothing. You just look prettier when you laugh and when you're happy." I said, laughing when her cheeks turned pink.