27. Would I?

Y/N's POV

My tears fell consecutively as I ran towards Grandpapa. The worry and concern in his eyes didn't fail to get noticed by me as I wrapped my arms tightly around him. I'm such a mess right now. My makeup has probably smeared into his white shirt but I didn't care and neither does he.

"Please, let's just get away from here fast." I croaked out.
"I don't think I can bear to see their reaction." I said lowly as I pulled away. He nodded and gestured to the five burly men accompanying him.

"Don't let anyone leave that room until we're in the car." He ordered, making them nod. Then he and I started to walk away, but it feels like with every step I take, it gets harder to do the next one.

"Y/N! What the hell?!"
"Let us through!"
"Get out of the way, we're her friends!"
"Let go now or I'm gonna kick the living shit out of you!" They yelled, making me look back to see all my friends trying to push against the guards but failing.

"Don't leave." Xin said, her eyes filled with tears as she looked at me. My heart felt like it's being squeezed and pulled and shattered into hundreds of pieces.
"I'm sorry." I said as I finally found it in myself to turn around and continue walking.

With every step I take, it gets harder to breathe as I heard their calls after me. Grandpapa was silent the whole time and for that, I'm thankful. As o know, I'll probably just end up breaking down. He might be silent but his arm around my shoulder gave me enough peace of mind and courage to continue walking. It wasn't long before we finally got out of the building.

"What about my things?" I asked quietly.
"I'll order someone to get it for you." He answered. I let out a hum and nodded. It was silent then. The silence and darkness of the night didn't help to settle my emotions like it usually does.

"Is this what you really want?" He asked, breaking the silence.
"No. But this is what I have to do." I answered.

"There's another way Y/N. This is your dream isn't it? Are you really willing to let it go because of your fear?" He asked as we're about a few meters from the car.
"I'm willing to let it go because that fear is not affecting just me anymore. It's not just the fear of her coming back. It's my fear of getting all the people I know into this mess." I said.

"You can't let Kai Chynna control you forever, Y/N." He said, making me flinch at the name.

K.C or Kai Chynna. It brings shivers down my spine hearing her name. The mention of her name brought back unpleasant and painful memories. It didn't make me feel comfort and safety like it used to five years ago. After five years and all those things that happened, I didn't expect that I'll encounter her again. But here we are, with her coming back with threats and me desperately trying to escape again.

"I gave you two choices Y/N. You don't have to leave." He said, squeezing my shoulder. Yeah, he did give me two choices. It's either I leave the show or not.

If I leave, I would go to the states and handle our business there, while they trace Kai Chynna here. And if I stay, I get the chance to pursue my dreams and of course, they'll still trace her. But I'm afraid that more people would get involved. It's literally a decision between my dreams and the safety of all the people I know. Of course my friends and loved ones come first.

"It's for the better." I said, breathing out and slide at him. I heard him let out a sigh before he nodded and led me inside the car.

Where did it exactly go wrong with Chynna and I? I don't know honestly. Kai Chynna is older that me by 4 years, but its didn't stop us from being the best of friends, given the fact that our parents are best friends and are in the same business industry. The age gap didn't bring us any problems at all.