1. The Start

Y/N's POV

My hands are tingling from both nervousness and excitement. Today is the day! My chance to make my dreams come true. I can't wait to meet the people I'm gonna spend the season with. A staff told me that the mentors and some trainees are already in the dining hall, where we would eat together to get to know each other and the mentors as well.

As I approached the door, the tingles kept getting stronger and stronger till my hands are visibly shaking. I shook the out and whispered to myself, "Come on Y/N! You've been training for 4 years already! You don't have a reason to be nervous."

My hands reached out shakily towards the doorknob as I slowly breathe in and opened it. The whispers started as I entered the room and stood in front of the long table. I glanced around and saw so many beautiful faces that I can't help but feel intimidated.

'How the heck can I stand out beside these beautiful girls?!'

"Oh my gosh! Is that Mihn Y/N?!"

"Really?! I'm a big fan. OMG!"

"OMG!! How can she be so pretty?"

"I've watched her training videos, and she's so talented! The total package I'm telling you!"

I heard so many compliments that I can't help but feel flushed.

"Hello everyone! I'm a trainee from Tiger Eye Entertainment, Mihn Y/N." I said, cheerfully smiling and bowing down.

"Y/N, it says here that you're multilingual. May I ask what languages you speak?" Mentor Lisa asked, looking at me expectantly.

"Umm yes! I speak Chinese, English, Thai and Korean!" I said " I hope we'll have a great communication!" I added smiling sweetly, causing some of the trainees to awe and me to blush.

"It says here that you've been training for 4 years already, and is about to debut, but you chose to attend this show instead. May I ask why?" Mentor Kun asked.

"Actually, this has been my dream since forever, and I just can't just let it slip away. Not only is this my dream, but my Grammie's as well." I said smiling when I thought of Grammie. Mentor Kun nodded and gave me the sign that I can sit now. I bowed one last time and proceeded to look for a vacant chair.

I decided to sit next to a girl with short hair and pretty eyes. I don't know why but I just feel comfortable with people who aren't afraid to express themselves, maybe it's the thought that you'll never be judged by them.

"Hey! Would you mind if I sit here?" I asked, somewhat shyly.

I am usually not the type of person who would easily be so shy but being in a new place without any familiar face kind of left me in a vulnerable state. The girl smiled sweetly, making her eyes turn to crescents.

"Yes sure! I'm Lin Fan, and these are my friends. We're from TOV." She said shaking my hand while gesturing towards the two other people next to her with her free hand.

"Hi I'm Lu Keran! Nice to meet you Y/N." The other girl with short black hair said, smiling and shaking my hand.
"And I'm Chen Yiwen. Nice to meet you, I've watched some of your training videos, and I must say that you're really amazing!" The last girl said, making my heart melt because of how cute and sweet she is.

"Aww, thank you so much! Nice to meet you all too, I hope we'll get along well." I said sitting down.

The 4 of us continued to talk and share with each other.

"So how old are you guys?" I asked
"Oh, I'm already 24 years old." Keran said. So, she already has her mark? I wonder who her mate is?

"I just turned 22 last March." Yiwen said
"And I'm 21!" Lin Fan said cheerfully as if I just asked her to most exciting thing ever, which made me laugh softly.