58. Make Your Mark

Y/N's POV

"Surrender now, Amber Liu!" I heard Xinlei yell out loudly.
"Never! Y/N, don't let them find you!" Amber replied.

From my hiding spot behind the bushes in the house's pool area, I ckvered my mouth to keep in my laughter. If you must ask what the heck we're doing, well, we got bored waiting for the others to arrive and decided to play with some paintballs.

The mechanics of the game is simple. We are grouped into pairs and Amber and I are partners. First one to get hit 5 times is out of the game and last pair standing is the winner. Currently, I've already been hit 4 times, same goes with the others. By now, our old shirts that we used are now covered in various colors.

"And Sean's out!" Amber cheered s the sound of splattering paint echoed.
"You're also out, Amber!" Xinlei said, followed by a cheer.
"Now it's just between you and me, Mihn Y/N. Watch out! Imma take you down." She added, making me roll my eyes at her dramatic lines.

I can't shoot her from my spot since the leaves and branches are in the way. I quietly crawled my way closer to her, aiming to attack her from behind. I stepped out of the bushes and slowly approached her, cautiously stepping around the leaves. I froze as she suddenly turned around, her gun hanging on her side.

"You lose this-"
"Everyone, the great Lin Fan is here!" She got cut off as a loud voice rang in the air, followed by the sound of the door opening. I took the opportunity to quickly raise my gun and shoot, hitting her in the neck, black paint quickly dripping down.

"Wah! Y/N, we won! We won!" Amber cheered as she skipped over me and wrapped me in a hug, the both of us jumping in joy.

"Take that peasants!" We both said at the same time as we pointed at the other two, who are now standing beside each other, Xinlei looking as shocked as ever.
"Hey, that's unfair! Lin Fan distracted me!" Xinlei reasoned as she pointed at the girl, making us turn as well.

There, in the doorway leading out to the pool area, stood Lin Fan with the others behind her, looking at us in confusion. My eyes searched for Yuxin's, waving excitedly at her as I finally managed to. Although confused, she waved back at me, lips smiling.

"Still, you shouldn't have been distracted. Even so, you lose. So punishment time!" Amber cheered out, making me break eye contact with Yuxin and turn back to the other pair.
"Yes, losers. Don't be cowardly and face your consequences for being incompetent." I added as I pointed my paintball gun at them.

As punishment for the losing pair, they would get hit with all the remaining paintballs before jumping on the pool. Definitely not the worse there is, but it would suffice enough.

"Wait, you guys played with paintball guns and didn't bother waiting for us?" Fanfan asked, lips jutting out into a pout. I sighed and walked up to her.
"Here, you can do the honors of punishing them." I offered as I  handed her the paintball gun.
"Just use up the remaining paintballs to hit them before we throw them to the pool." I instructed.

"See? See! I told you Y/N has a soft spot for me!" She boasted before sauntering to stand in front of the two losers and aiming, making me roll my eyes and shake my head.
"Hey! I want a turn too!" Keran yelled after Fanfan as she run up to the girl. Soon enough, the other girls followed suit, arguing who's going after who.

I watched from the side as Keran snatched the other gun away from Amber and is now using her height advantage to prevent Amber from getting it back. I nearly jumped out of my skin as I felt an arm sling around my shoulders.

"Hey! You'll get your clothes stained." I warned as I turned to see Yuxin standing beside me. I stepped away from her slightly, making her pout and step closer.