22. She

Y/N's POV

The sound of the bathroom door being shut brought me out of my sleep. My arms reached out to cuddle and snuggle to Xin more but was instead met with the cold covers of the bed. Not again.

She's been doing this for the past few days. Always leaving so early in the morning, then we won't see her until dinner, then she disappears again till late at night. Heck, I can count with one hand how many times weve talked for the past three days.

Everytime I ask her where she's going, she always dismisses me with "It's important." I feel neglected but at the same time, I don't want to push her in fear that I'll appear clingy. I turned and watched quietly as she fixed her hair and make up on the mirror, an unexplainable smile on her lips. Is she meeting someone important? But then, who could it be?

"Where are you going?" I asked as she slipped her shoes on. The sudden sound made her jerk and turn to me in surprise.
"O-oh, you should go back to sleep Y/N. It's still early." She said.
"It's fine. So, where are you going?" I asked again, trying to engage eye contact but her gaze avoided mine.
"Somewhere important. Go back to sleep okay?" She said as she turned towards the door.

"Do you want me to come with you? We can watch the sunrise after." I suggested, hoping that she'll say yes.
"No it's fine. It'll take a while, maybe next time." She said, giving me a smile.
"Oh, okay. Take care okay? Wo ai ni." I said, hiding my disappointment with a smile.
"Wo ye ai ni." She replied, giving me a bright smile before going out the door and closing it behind her, leaving me to my thoughts.

I don't even know why I'm feeling like this. It's not like it's something major. I know that, but I still can't help but feel sad about it. Maybe it's because I'm aware of how much possible time we have left. It feels like we've been wasting it too much. I took a deep sigh and closed my eyes, trying hard to not let my emotions get the best of me.

"Y/N." I heard Keran call out. They heard, they saw it all. How much more pathetic can I get?
"We know you're awake Y/N. Are you okay?" Fanfan asked.
"I'm not sure." I said truthfully, opening my eyes and staring above.

"It's about Xin isn't it? Don't think too much of it, maybe she's just helping around." Keran said.
"Yeah, especially now that another task is coming up. Your soulmate is kinda in demand here." Fanfan jokingly added, making me slightly smile at them.

"Yeah. Maybe you're right. Thank you both, I don't know what I'll do without you." I told them.
"Don't worry about it. Your our meimei of the group, of course we'll be here for you." Keran said, making my heart swell.

"Do you still want to go watch the sunrise? We can go with you, we know you haven't done that in a while." Fanfan said.
"You would? Thanks so much, really. I'll go get ready first." I said, grabbing the clothes we're supposed to wear and went to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

I quickly finished and decided to blow dry my hair before tying it in a low ponytail. Then applied light make up to my face. I got out and Keran went in next, leaving me with Fanfan who's still laying on her bed. I set my things down and sat on my desk.

"Y/N, what would you do if you don't end up debuting in this show?" Fanfan asked. I turned to her in confusion to see her already looking at me.
"Why are you asking? Are giving up on the thought of debuting?" I asked.
"No, I'm not. But it's another what if, in my mind right now." She explained.

"Well, I'll probably go back to my company to train until I eventually debut." I said, putting up my legs on the seat and resting my chin on my knees.
"Tiger Eye is one of the most well known companies internationally. How was your experience?" She asked, making me let out a laugh.
"Why do I feel like we're doing an interview?" I said, making her let out a laugh as well.