28. The Encounter

Y/N's POV

"W-what?" I breathe out.

"I'm not letting you leave the competition Y/N." He said firmly, making all of us gasp.
"I don't think I could live with the fact that you have to leave all of this. Your dream, your friends, just because I couldn't do anything to help you." He said.

"Does this mean you'll stay?" Xin asked hopefully, her arms returning around me as the others also moved closer.
"But then, what about-" I started to say but he cut me off.

"If I tell you that they already have it under control, would you finally stay?" He asked.
"H-how?" I muttered, my mind filled with million of thoughts.

"I received a call earlier Y/N. They were finally able to trace her and at this moment, they're trailing after her to finally catch her." He said, making a sudden jolt of relief surge through me, my eyes tearing up again.

"Wait, who are you guys talking about?" Fanfan asked, voicing the confusion of them all.
"Fanfan." Keran said, elbowing her.

"It's Kai Chynna." I answered.
"You mean THE Kai Chynna? She's back? What happened?" Kiki asked continuously.
"Yes and yes. She's back. Do you all remember that note I received a few weeks ago? Turns out, it was from her. She's been sending me threats since then." I explained.

"What?! You've been receiving threats all this time and you didn't bother to tell us? Not even me?! What would've happened if this Kai Chynna really did take action? We would've no clue!" Xin said, her voice filled with angered worry as she turned to me.

"Settle down, let me finish." I said, trying to coax her but it did nothing.
"What do you mean settle down? You could've got hurt! And what's worse is that I've been ignoring you for the last week. This is why you wanted to leave isn't it? What would've happened if we didn't talk today? Were you just gonna leave us, me, clueless?" She asked, sadness in her voice.

"I think you both need to talk privately." Keran said, making us turn to her. I gave a sigh and nodded.
"Mr. Hu, would you like to join us for some tea in the lobby while we wait?" Kiki asked.
"I guess. You, young lady, better return her with no harm. And Jiaqi, there's no need for such formalities, you're like a granddaughter to me." Grandpapa said. Xin gave a nod before Kiki and the others started to lead Grandpapa to the building.

"Come on. Let's go for a little walk, alright?" I suggested as I laced our hands together. She let out a breath before nodding and following my lead.

Being able to hold her hand and be close to her once again after such a long time felt so relieving and just so comforting. It felt like my heart is picking up its own pieces and putting itself back together. The warmth from our laced hands felt like it's climbing up to my wrist, to my arm, and finally pass my elbow where it stayed. But it's nothing like I felt before. It feels like it's coming from within me. I wasn't able to pay much mind to it as Xin started to speak.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked as we stopped by a bench.
"I-I don't know." I sighed as I sat down, making her follow suit.
"What do you mean you don't know?" I was expecting her to get frustrated but she didn't. Her voice was comforting, but no one could deny the worry underneath it.

"I-I guess I just didn't have the time to worry about it. We've all been so busy for the past few weeks and I don't want you guys to have another thing to worry about. Especially you, I saw how stressed and tired you are because of being the center and also trying to help everyone out." I explained. Then it was silent, the sound of crickets filling the air.

"Were you never gonna tell me abouth this Kai Chynna? Were you really planning to leave us all clueless?" She asked.

"I was planning to tell you, but then Ma Shujun came and rumors started to spread like wild fire. It didn't help the fact that I saw. Well, Keran, Fanfan and I saw you guys on the rooftop that morning you told me you had something important to do." I said.