20. The Black Rose

Y/N's POV

"So, how's everyone's practice?" Esther asked.

It was one of those rare times that we're all free and resting. Actually filming just ended yesterday, so we took advantage of it and we're now spending it in the cafeteria, eating some snacks and catching up with each other. The mentors are also gonna be evaluating our training room videos later, so we're also waiting for the director's cue.

"It was okay. Learning the dance from Keke with Y/N was really fun and helpful." Fanfan said, making me let out a scoff.
"It's really fun and helpful." I repeated in a mocking tone, making them look at me in confusion.

"Having to bear with watching the two of you make out half of the time we're supposed to be practicing doesn't really fit with my description of fun." I said, rolling my eyes as the both of them blushed.

"But you still continued to practice with us." Keran defended.
"More like I didn't have a choice. It's either I go in peace or get dragged by Fanfan." I grumbled.
"And we all know what happens if Fanfan targets someone. Keran magically appears and helps her out. Remember when Aurora took Keran's name tag and Fanfan's ring? Poor girl was tackled to the floor." I shuddered, making the others laugh.

"Can we just forget about this?" Fanfan groaned out, slumping her head on the table and causing a loud thump.
"Oh lord!" I exclaimed, grabbing her shoulder and pulling her back. Then I proceeded to run my hand on the surface of the table.

"What are you doing?" Xin asked.
"Checking for damage. Fanfan you know that the directors are already lacking in money. What would've happened if the table broke? They would make us pay!" I reprimanded, earning a whack on the head and a glare from her.

"I hit my head on the table and you're concerned about it? I can't believe that you didn't even ask how I feel! What am I to you, really?!" She yelled dramatically, shocking the others with her sudden outburst.

"An idiot, apparently. No one even told you to bang your head on the table. Stop being a dork." I deadpanned, making tge others burst into laughs as she huffed. She was about to say something when a staff approached our table.

"Is there a Mihn Y/N here?" She asked, making us look at each other in confusion. I raised my hand and gave a slight bow.
"Someone told me to give this to you." She said, handing me a pink envelope.

"Thank you." I said as I took it from her.
"Did the sender told you their name?" I asked as I noticed that there aren't any names on the envelope.
"No, sorry." She said.
"It's okay jiejie, thanks again." I said as she left. I sat back down and looked intently at the envelope.

"Aren't you gonna open it?" Kiki asked.
"Yeah. It's just weird that it doesn't have any name on it, not even mine." I said before proceeding to open it.

Once I did I pulled out the small card from inside. "Did you miss me?" It read out. What is this? Reading the simple note was enough to send shivers down my back for an unknown reason.

"What does it say?" Xin asked. I wordlessly placed the card on the center of the table, making them huddle to see it.
"What the hell?" Xin said, worry and confusion in her eyes.

"Who would send you that?"

"Let's find them so I can strangle them!"

"An Qi, you're 5'2."

"And your point is?"

"You probably won't even be able to reach their neck."

"At least I'm not afraid of bugs!"