19. Second Public Task

Y/N's POV

Loud laughs jerked me out of my nap, making me abruptly sit up and close my eyes tightly as everything spun for a second. I shouldn't have sat up that fast. I let out a groan as I rubbed the sleep out my eyes and opened them. My gaze landed on Fanfan and Keran sitting on the floor and laughing like maniacs. I watched in confusion as they continued laughing.

"What the heck are you guys laughing at?" I asked as I began to walk towards them. My eyes widened as I realized that they were watching a video on a phone.

"Hold up! Is that a phone?" I asked in disbelief as I sat next to them.
"I didn't know that waking up from a nap could cause you to be partially blind." Fanfan said sarcastically, making me glare at her.

"Shut up! You know what I mean. Where did you get that?" I asked.
"We were bored so we tried borrowing from one of the staffs and they lent us this." Keran explained, making me hum.

"Where's Xin by the way?" I asked as I noticed her absence.
"She told us something about getting a hair dye." Fanfan said.
"Oh. What are you guys watching anyways?" I asked as I leaned closer to see the phone.
"It's this video. Watch, it's hilarious!" Keran said, replaying the video.

I watched curiously as the video started with two girls, apparently going on a fun ride of some sorts. My eyes slightly widened as they started screaming their wits out as the ride started. An involuntary laugh came out my lips as one of them seemingly passed out, her head lolling as the ride shot them up and down.

Beside me, Keran and Fanfan started to laugh or more like cackle again. Our laughs became louder as we watched one of the girl started to yell in excitement, oblivious that her companion is slipping in and out of consciousness.

"You guys, I feel bad for laughing." I said as I laid on the floor, catching my breath.
"Now that you mentioned it, I kinda feel bad too." Keran said, and continued scrolling down the phone, her eyes widening when an article caught her eyes.

"Holy heck! Y/N, you won't believe this!" She said, excitedly pushing the phone near my face. I rolled my eyes and pushed her away. I read the header of the article and it read: Model, Song Xinlei fangirling over girl idol, Mihn Y/N.

"Wait, who is she?" I asked, making Keran look at me in disbelief.
"Are you serious? Where do you live? Under a rock?" She said.
"Well, sorry if I'm not as updated as you are." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Song Xinlei is one of the most in demand models in the fashion industry! To have her one of your admirers is awesome!" She said, typing on her phone and showing me photos after photos of Song Xinlei. It's given that she's pretty, I mean she's a model for Pete's sake. Though I got heart eyed when I saw the cute puppy on her feed.

"OMG! So cute and adorable!" I said, pointing at the dog.
"What's so cute?" Someone asked, making us look up to see Xin standing on the doorway. I smiled at her and took the phone from Keran's hand to show it to her.

"This puppy! Isn't it so cute?" I asked, watching how her eyes twinkled and a smile appeared on her lips.
"Yeah, it is." She confirmed.

"I can't believe you Y/N, I was trying to show you pictures of Song Xinlei and you didn't even notice her. You noticed her dog!" Keran said, making us laugh.
"She's pretty, okay? But the dog was just so cute!" I gushed, returning the phone to her.
"Whatever. Fanfan, let's go and return this before they find out." She said, standing I'll and pulling Fanfan with her out the door.

"What do you have there?" I asked Xin as I watch her start to walk yowards the bathroom.
"Some hair dye. I want my hair blue for tomorrow's performance." She explained.
"Oh, do you want me to help you?" I suggested.
"Sure!" She said before pulling me to the bathroom.