25. Exile

Y/N's POV

"So, what are you guys going to do for the hidden talent show?" Kiki asked as her hands mindlessly played with her food. As per usual, we're in the cafeteria for breakfast. Nothing much have changed, although now, Daimeng, Yu Yan and Sharon have been a part of our little group.

"I don't even have a special talent." I muttered as I buried my head on my arms. I haven't been feeling anything but tired these past few days. It feels like the battery that kept me going just ran out.

"Maybe I'll just eat or even sleep as a talent." I added, not bothering to lift my head up.
"That's not even a talent." Shaking pointed out.
"It is when I eat a lot and be hungry again not even ten minutes later." I said, making her roll her eyes.

"How about we do our duet Y/N?" Yu Yan suggested.
"Sure!" I answered, smiling brightly. Over the past few days her and I have been close.

"But you're still gonna help me with my performance right?" Keran asked pouting, making me laugh.
"Yeah I will. Stop pouting, you look like a duck." I said, pushing her face away.

"When I pout, you call me a duck. But when the pout is done by Yux-" Our table went quiet as the name almost slipped pass her lips. Her eyes widened as she realized what she just said.
"I'm sorry-" She starts to say but I stopped her.

"It's fine. No worries." I said, giving her a small smile before continuing to eat my food quietly. It was awkward then, like every move is calculated, scripted. It's suffocating.
"But you can't deny that you really do look like a duck when you pout. Maybe your spirit animal is a duck." I joked, hoping that they'll gat the message that it's really alright.

Well I guess it is now. Although Yuxin and I haven't really talked, her actions were loud and clear enough for me to understand. Her cold attitude and stares that she gives me from when both our teams would practice together in the same room, spoke enough of how much she must hate me. It hurts, but with each day that passes I became accustomed to it. I become more and more numb to it, until somehow I can't be bothered anymore. I know I should hate her, but I just can't find it in myself to. How can I, when my heart's programmed to do the complete opposite.

My hand mindlessly played with the bracelet on my wrist. Does she still wear hers? Or did it become just one of the jewels in her box? The one that just suddenly loss its beauty and is now buried under others, forgotten. Should I take it off? But it's the only thing that's giving me comfort right now. Even my soulmark is slightly fading over the days, a remainder of how long we've already been apart.

"Y/N, what are you doing? They already called us five minutes ago." Esther said, breaking me out of my thoughts.
"Come on, we're the only ones left." Keran said, tugging me out of my seat.
"Geez, okay. No need to drag me." I said as I fixed my posture and gathered all my things. I looked around and we're indeed the last ones inside.
"Hurry! They might be waiting on us." Snow said, leading us towards the doors.

We quickly walked over to it and jogged into the assigned hall for us. When we got there, all the others are already settled and seated. As expected, Yuxin and Shujun are huddled in a corner together, a little away from the others. I quickly looked away and tried to find somewhere to sit.

"Lin Fan!" Someone called out, making all of us turn. It was Xinyi, along with Lingzi and Aria.

I groaned again as Fanfan dragged Keran and I towards them, the others having to sit in other places. It's not long before Kun PD arrived and sat on the chair facing all of us. But something seems different about him. His usual confident aura is not present and seems to be replaced by sheer awkwardness.

"Today, I'm here to not to announce the results. Because every year, the producers should actually give a lecture to all the trainees. Comparing this to a speech, I hope that we can take a seat and talk in a relaxing manner." He said before turning silent. His eyes are darting everywhere were darting everywhere and his hands are restless.