50. Wondrous Phantasm

Y/N's POV

It is dark and endless. Just pure black. No other color available in sight. Strangely enough, it feels like I'm dreaming. That feeling like you're floating freely in midair. I can't feel the rest of my body either. All I know is that I'm in consciousness yet all I see and register is black.

"Hey, Y/N. Wake up." I could hear the faint call of someone to me. Where did that came from? Bathing has changed and it is all still black.

"Hello?" I called out, feeling confused and frazzled.
"Y/N, wake up!" I heard it again, but this time, it sounds much closer to me. Along with it, I felt a touch on my face, making me gasp and yelp, flinching away in surprise.

It suddenly felt like I'm being pulled into a vortex of some sort. My heart is surging forward and it feels like my soul is separating from my body. I screamed in fright and closed my eyes.

It is like I am watching this happen through someone else's eyes and there is nothing I could do. With a gasp, as the feeling finally stopped, I snapped my eyes open only to close them again right after as the light blinded me.

"Am I dead?" I asked lowly, afraid to open my eyes. Instead of a confirmation, I was answered with a laugh.
"I didn't know that you are this dramatic Y/N." I heard a familiar voice said, making me snap my eyes open quickly, not mindingvthe slight burn as the light is directed to my face. I turned to my side and saw her.

"Xinxin." I cried as I quickly threw my arms around her shoulders and pulled her into a hug, tightening my grip on her as I cried in relief in the crook of her neck.

"I thought I'd never see you again." I mumbled as I sniffed. I felt her arms also wrapped around me as she returned the hug and rubbed circles in my back.
"It's okay, Y/N. Hush. What is wrong?" She cooed as I felt her hands travel upwards to comb through my hair.

"I... What do you mean what is wrong? I missed you!" I cried and continued to hug her, closing my eyes.
"Huh? Was your dream really that bad? Y/N we've been together since last night. We just fell asleep." She said, making me immediately halt and open my eyes.

"What?" I did not bother pulling away as I scanned my surroundings. Only then, did I realize that we are not in a hospital room like I was expecting and thought we are in. I'm not in a bed like I thought I was. Instead, I'm in an open space. It's familiar. There are benches and chairs scattered around. I completely pulled away from Xin and scanned the rest. We are in the rooftop back in the iQIYI dorms. What? How did I end up here? It's also just early in the morning.

"What? W-what happened?" I asked her in confusion as she also looked at me with the same expression.
"What do you mean?" She asked back. Something is different about her. Is it just me or she truly looks younger.

"Was I not in the hospital for the brain surgery? What am I doing here? What are we doing here?" I continued on, looking frantically every where to calm my disoriented mind.
"What the heck? I'm supposed to be in the US, right? What am I doing here? What is going on? Didn't the show already ended and you already debuted and-"

"Y/N! Calm down. What has happened to you?" Xin said as she cupped my face in attempt to calm me.
"Calm down. Even out your breaths." She said as she pulled me into a hug again.

I heaved as I tried to get my mind straight and just focus on what she is saying, my hands gripping the material of the hoodie she is wearing. We stayed like that until I feel my breath being stable again.

"Are you calm enough now?" She asked as she slowly pulled away, her hands moving to grip on to my shoulders. Although still confused, I slowly nodded. I took a moment to fully examine her appearance. Something is definitely different. My eyes traveled to wards her hoodie and I realized that she is wearing one of mine. I looked down at myself and saw that I am also wearing a hoodie.