9. The Calm

Y/N's POV

"Mihn Y/N? You were in Class A before, right? What happened? You need to work harder, all right?" Lisa laoshi said, making me nod my head in agreement.

We've been learning the theme song dance for about two days now. Although I try to remain positive, doubt never seems to leave my mind. It didn't help that this dance is completely out of my comfort zone, and it's hard for me to act this cheerful and girly.

"Okay, one more time please." Lisa laoshi said, making me internally die.

My legs are shaking and in the point of collapsing but I still tried to dance as well and keep the smile on my face. We continued practicing for another hour before Lisa laoshi left us to practice the other classes. As soon as she left, I slumped to the floor, tears of frustration and tiredness welling in my eyes and threatening to fall. I took a deep breath.

'Calm down Y/N. You're all right, you can do this.'

"You all right?" I heard Keran asked. I quickly gathered myself, before turning to her and giving her a small smile. She doesn't look any better than I do and I don't want her to worry about me, too.

"Yeah, just feeling a little pressed, but I'm okay." I said, leaning my head on her shoulder and closed my eyes.

 I was just about ready to take a nap when I heard someone noisily barge into the room. I slightly opened my eyes to see Kiki literally galloping toward us with Fanfan and Xin behind her. I let out a groan and tried to bury myself behind Keran.

"Y/N! Get up and let's practice together!" Kiki said, grabbing my arm and trying to pull me up.

"For heaven's sake Kiki, how can you still be this energetic after a practice?" I said, not opening my eyes.

"Well, I don't know. But stop being lazy and let's practice!" She said laughing.
"First, I'm not being lazy, I'm on energy saving mode and second, can't I take a nap first?" I said, opening my eyes and giving her puppy eyes.

"Ugh. Fine." She said, huffing and sitting down on the floor. I smiled and crawled closer to her. I was about to place my head on her lap to sleep but she pushed me away, causing me to groan.

"Get off! Your head is too sweaty and Snow is over there." She said before crawling to where Snow is laying and cuddled with her.

I grumbled and went to the corner where my bad is located. I laid on my bag and winced as its embellishments dug into my skin. I closed my eyes and took a breath to calm myself. I was a sliver away from dozing off when I felt a poke on my cheek. I opened my eyes to be met face to face with Xin.

"Hey." I said softly, smiling at her.
"Hey, are you feeling all right?" She asked, eyes filled with concern.
"Yeah I am. Just feeling the pressure." I said, smiling at her before closing my eyes.

"You don't look comfortable there. Here, you can lay on my lap." She said. I opened my eyes to see her smiling softly at me, but I shook my head.

"You don't have to, Xin. It's all right." I said smiling at her.
"I know. But I want to." She said, making me flush slightly, but who could reject an offer to sleep at her lap? That's right, no one.

"Are you sure?" I asked one last time, and she nodded her head. I sat up and laid my head on her lap, finally able to get comfortable. I closed my eyes and released a sigh. I felt her hand on my hair, making me feel more relaxed.

"Any better?" She asked, making me respond with a hum.
"Wake me up after a few minutes, all right?" I requested, before finally drifting away.

~